Chapter 43: To the Jade Palace

“Ah- Razé!”

“Sorry I’m late.”

Razé joined the other steering committee members who were taking refuge in a shop.

Carna: “It’s fine. How have you been?”

Razé: “Good. I’ve been working hard to make sure I can spend these few days with you.”

Razé felt exalted after seeing Carna’s face. She had cleared her jobs so that no one could disturb her in these three days. She was overjoyed.

Ruben: “Everyone’s here. Let’s go.”

Razé: “Wait. What about Folia?”

Ruben: “She’ll go to the venue directly later.”

Razé: “I see.”

Razé was wondering why her angel was not with them. Maybe Lord Moldir is reluctant to let her go…

Most likely he didn’t want his precious Folia to stay in another man’s house. Moreover, it was for three days. Razé wondered if he was going to send the same confectionery like the previous time.

Anyway, Razé was more shocked to see how the members’ look. They were in disguise because of the location, but their aura couldn’t be hidden at all. Her first impression was they all looked too dazzling. When she thought about the security and other issues, she felt like she had caused them trouble.

“I shouldn’t have chosen the town for the meeting place. I’m sorry.”  Razé felt bad for her lack of consideration.

Carna: “Don’t say that. You don’t have to mind us.”

Razé: “But…”

Carna whispered to her: “Thanks to you, I managed to have a date with Ruben-sama before the meeting.”

Razé felt relieved to hear that so she decided to let the matter go instead of talking about it persistently.

The party rode in a large carriage which had been prepared behind the shop and travel across the mountain.

Adis said to Ruben, “It’s been a while since I last went to the Jade Palace.”

“I haven’t been there since I joined the academy,” Ruben replied to him before turning to Carna. “It’s a comfortable place to live. It has a cool temperature even without using magic. I’m sure you’re going to like it.”

Razé started to feel the PDA warning signal. She hoped the two of them would not delay their works. She wondered how Carna would react when she got to experienced watching other’s PDA herself.

Hmm. This is not good… Due to her specialty, Razé usually didn’t spend much time travelling on the road. It had been a while since she last rode in a carriage. She was sleep deprived and severely tired, so when the carriage swayed from side to side, she started to feel drowsy.

She clenched her fist on her lap, but it felt like she would fall asleep any moment now. Since there were other knights guarding outside the carriage, she felt it should be fine even if she fell asleep. She just hoped that she wouldn’t sleep talking or drool later… Her thoughts started to drift away and then she fell asleep.

It was Claude, who was sitting diagonally in front of her, that noticed Razé had fell asleep while sitting with her head down. The seating arrangement was Claude, Ruben, Carna in a row; while Razé, Ian, Luca and Adis sat on the other side. As a royal butler, Claude was used to be observant of the people around him. So, it was only natural that he would be the first to noticed it.

“Claude?”

Claude had taken off his jacket and put it on Razé. The other members were a little bit surprised when they saw Claude had given extra care to someone other than Ruben. Moreover, the person was a commoner girl.