Chapter 52: The Curse Between the Continents

“Woohoo~!! Super rare sample!!”

Yor squealed with delight. She was so hyper after receiving the black bee sample from Razé.

“Aa-, the professor is going crazy again.”

Watching from the side, Yor’s assistant, Frey, held his head in his hands.

Razé felt a little bit guilty, but the sample was a very important thing so there was no option to not giving it to Yor. “Professor Yor,” Razé called in a low voice. Yor jumped in surprised and turned to look at her.

Razé: “Can we move on to our main topic?”

Yor: “….Mmmm. Alright….I’ll prepare the specimen later…”

Razé: “Although I wanted to say ‘yes please’, coincidentally, that sample is our main topic. We can talk while you do your experiment.”

Yor: “He-he~. Razé knows me best~”

Yor was happy that Razé, who was an excellent soldier in the country, could understood her personality well. The other men lack flexibility and she hated to talk to them. She really wished that Razé would come every time.

Frey listened to their conversation and immediately prepared a test kit on the desk that had been tidied up for Razé’s visit. Razé took out something that looked like a small square box out of her pocket, held it with both hands, twisted the center and put it on the desk.

Yor watched with fascination. “What is that?” She usually showed no interest in anything other than research. It was rare for her to ask others like this. Frey always thought that Razé was special to Yor and he hoped that she would act more like a normal person with her influence.

Razé: “Sergio-san made it for me recently. It’s a soundproof device for antibugging purpose.”

Yor: “Hmm. Such a useful tool. Why didn’t he make it sooner?”

Razé: “I thought so too. I should have asked him earlier.”

Razé forced a laugh. If he had made this device sooner, then she wouldn’t have to suspiciously run around to lose a tail or even go to Zone 15 for privacy.  Anyway, it would be ridiculous if they have a tool that could nullify forbidden art but not antibugging device.

Sergio Habermas was a genius who was on par with the Devil in a Lab Coat, Yor Carton Fredrick. He was said to be the most talented person in making tools using magic stones, but he only wanted to make things that he found interesting. He also had a scary nickname, which was ‘Grim Reaper’s Toymaker’[1].

Yor: “That guy made it for you when you requested for it?”

Razé: “Huh? That’s right.”

Yor: “He never make any of the devices that I’d requested. Uh-huh. He only listens to your request.”

Yor was acting annoyed.

Yor: “Razé, can you help me make request to Toymaker?”

Razé: “… Just making request should be okay…”

Yor: “Great! I’m sure he won’t reject it if you request to him cutely. I’m counting on you!”

Although there was no guarantee that the Toymaker would accept her request, she laughed happily, “This will improve my research!” She really loved researching monsters and beasts.

Yor: “Alright then. Is this device switched on?”

Razé: “Yes. I’ve set the users so you can talk normally.”