Chapter 21: Prince Ruben's Birthday Party

Knock, knock.

Razé heard a knocking sound, so she went to open the door.

It was Carna with her trademark princess curl. She said, “Morning, Razé.”

“Good morning. What happen? Why are you here so early in the morning?” Razé asked in surprise as she stood there in her pajama.

Folia noticed that Carna had come, so she greeted her, “Good morning, Carna-sama!”

“I came here to pass these to you. I hope you two could come,” Carna said as she gave Razé an expensive looking card.

Razé took it and asked, “What is this?”

Carna: “It’s the invitation to Ruben-sama’s birthday party. It’s a small party organized by the students, so we’re unable to invite all students like the welcome party.”

“Oh! Is it okay for me to join too?” Folia looked excited as she asked Carna.

Carna replied, “Of course. I’d love if you could come. We also have sweets specially ordered from Masserone. You can look forward to it.”

Razé started to reconsider after hearing the name of the candy store at Fiza Shopping District. Carna was busy so she said, “See you later,” and left. The invitation cards that Razé and Folia had received felt like a key to a treasure chest.

Folia: “Carna-sama seems so busy.”

Razé: “The party is tonight. She must have been working hard for Prince Ruben.”

Razé looked at the invitation card on her desk as she got herself ready. As she chatted with Folia about Prince Ruben’s birthday party, she had made a decision to attend the party since Carna had personally invited her. It was definitely not because she wanted to eat Masserone’s sweets.

However, this party had created a commotion.

“…Hmm. They should have predicted that this would happen.” Razé looked at the commotion in front of her with a sour face.

After they left the dormitory, they went to eat breakfast as usual and attended classes in the morning. But when they came to the dining hall at the school building in the afternoon, the atmosphere was so tense. When Razé took a closer look, she could see some groups of students comforting crying girls here and there. When she listened carefully, she could hear a girl saying “I’ve already made promise to dance with Adis-sama, but now it’s useless.” Razé’s cheeks were twitching. How can she said that out loud, she thought.

Right now, at the academy, a battle over the invitation card for Prince Ruben’s birthday party had broken out. There was no one who would publicly questioned why they didn’t receive an invitation because this was considered a political and social event even though it was held inside the academy.

Regardless whether they received the invitation or not, by right, everyone should behaved themselves and kept good manners to celebrate Prince Ruben’s birthday. Crying while complaining about their dance promise with Adis-sama was something that they shouldn’t said out loud.

This was a birthday party for Prince Ruben. This was a chance to get close with Price Ruben as well as the other attendees. Razé looked at the tense situation and facepalmed. She felt sorry for the aristocrats.

Razé: “Folia, I’ve something to tell you privately.”

Folia: “What is it?”

Razé told Folia not to tell anyone about her invitation card. It was obvious what would happen if other students found out that a commoner like them had an invitation card. The two decided to eat lunch outside and went out to the school courtyard.