Chapter 60: The Second Battle Fiesta Part 3

“Razé-chan, Luca-kun!”

Razé and Luca were in the same group. They went back to the audience seats together. Folia looked so excited and greeted them with sparkle in her eyes.

Ruben: “Luca, you fall for her trap?”

“It’s not like I was careless or anything…” Luca replied with a sigh. “I hate to admit it, but it was a crushing defeat. I don’t think I can win at all.”

The other members stared at Luca with a puzzled look on their faces. They didn’t expect that he would praise Razé like that because they knew he didn’t think the commoner should be allowed in the aristocratic school. Luca pretended to ignore them and watched the ongoing match.

Ruben muttered to himself, “I didn’t expect those words from Luca.”

Meanwhile, Carna smiled happily to Razé. “Razé, you’re so great!” The smile from a goddess made Razé bashful, but she honestly felt that she hadn’t done anything great at all.

Folia: “Razé-chan. You didn’t bring a practice sword because you wanted to fight using speed?”

Razé: “Yes. You snooze, you lose. One shot, one kill. Doesn’t it sound cool?”

Razé gave Folia an embarrassed smile.

“… Why are you so determined to win this year?” Adis asked her in a calm voice. His eyes looked serious as if he wanted to find out her thoughts.

Razé was astounded when she realized his meaning. He has keen perception. Although she felt annoyed, she was also impressed with Adis’ reaction.

So far, other than her, only Carna, Ruben and Adis knew about the otome game. Carna and Ruben were always in their own world. On the other hand, Adis was very cautious about Razé. Razé could see that he thought of her as his rival. Although she was always careful about her actions, she couldn’t avoid drawing attention in this tournament.

Razé: “It’s just that I’ve found a special technique.”

Adis: “Hmm.”

Well, it’s not like I can tell them that I want to hinder a prediction by the Clairvoyant Miko. Razé was quite confident that the miko in Magenda was another reincarnator. Looking at how they purposely trying to predict an event inside the academy, this ‘Clairvoyant Miko’ must be a reincarnator who knows about the otome game. Based on this, the intruder who appeared last year was very likely an assassin from Magenda too.

“Special technique?! So cool! I want to have a match with you too!” Ian said to Razé excitedly.

She smiled at him as he looked at her with puppy eyes. “Maybe we’ll meet on stage later if we[1] don’t lose any match.”

The members were amazed by her words. They wondered if she meant to say “if I don’t lose” or “if you don’t lose”. But actually, they could tell the answer by looking closely at Razé. Her eyes looked competitive and confident. It showed that she was not going to lose in this tournament.

“You’ve inspired me. I’ll look forward to it.” Ian was full with fighting spirit after hearing the provocative words from Razé. And he wasn’t the only one inspired by her remarks. Adis, Claude, and those who doubt Razé’s ability were quietly looking for an opportunity to have a match with her.

* * *

Commentator A: “Wow! In Stage D, another match ended seconds after it started!  The 2nd Year student, Razé Granoli is unstoppable!!”

Commentator B: “What makes her so powerful is that no one can stop her even if they know her tactic.”

Cheers echoed in the arena. The enthusiasm of Battle Fiesta was at its peak.