Chapter 11: Dance Time

After a while, the song that was playing in the venue changed, and it was time to dance.

Carna: “Can both of you dance?”

“I- I did practice dance before. But I’m not good at it…” Folia answered embarrassedly.

Carna: “It’s fine. Your partner will lead you. What about you, Razé?”

Razé: “I can dance but I don’t have any partner.”

Is there any boy who would ask someone who is obviously a commoner like me to dance?

Folia: “I don’t have any either. It’s okay.”

“Huh? Really?” Razé was puzzled. From the way Carna was speaking, she sounded like Folia had a partner. But anyway, considering Folia’s face, she would definitely get asked for a dance soon. I’d better worry about myself, thought Razé.

“Lady Carna.” A dignified and calm voice called out Carna’s name. Her fiancé appeared from behind her.

“Your Highness!” Carna hastily turned around and saw Prince Ruben in his formal wear. It took her breath away. Her ears soon turned red; she was very easy to read.

Ruben: “Your friends?”

“Yes. Folia Cresias and Razé Granoli from our class.” Carna tucked her hair behind her ears and tried to act normal. Razé and Folia hurriedly bowed down their head.

“Please be at ease. We are both students here. I hope you can get along well with my fiancée.” Ruben said as he embraced Carna.

Wow. Such a romantic couple. Razé thought in her heart. But then she got puzzled thinking back of what Carna had said earlier.

Ruben: “Lady Carna. Will you dance with me?”

Carna: “Y- Yes.”

Prince Ruben broke into a grin when he saw Carna nodding her head earnestly. But Carna didn’t notice it. After the two left, Razé looked at Folia and said, “So sweet, it’s giving me toothache[1].”

“They look great together. So nice, I also-” Folia suddenly stopped talking and covered her mouth with her hands. Her action was easy to read; she had said something she shouldn’t have.

“Aha, you also have someone you like?” Razé immediately asked.

Folia: “No- Not like that! It’s not love, it’s admiration, something like respect!”

Raze: “Oh, sure. I understand.”

Folia saw the amused look that Razé had, so she desperately denied, “It’s not!” But Razé would not believe her. She was confident about it. She could guess the person that Folia like must have been Lord Moldir, the person who had prepared those dresses that suited Folia very well. He was 26 years old this year. Their 10 years age gap can be considered as cute.

Razé: “I’m rooting for you. You’re so cute, so if there is any guy bothers you in this school, let me know. I will take care of it for you.”

Folia: “O-Okay… Huh! I told you it’s not like that.”

There were so many good-looking guys in this academy. Razé was worried since Folia looked like a pushover.

“Hi. If you don’t mind, would you like to dance with me?”

“Huh!”

Speak of the devil. Once someone started to approach her, a few more boys came forward shouting, “Me too! Me too!”

“Wah! Uh…” Folia looked cute when she nervously moved around. But there were too many boys who came forward to approach her. Razé wanted to help but she has no status so she only apologized and said, “Folia, sorry.”