Chapter 50: Folia's Awakening

Folia spent peaceful days at the Gardersen Church during her long holidays.

“Folia-nēne!”

When Folia was at the orphanage, the little kids would follow her around so that they could be with her all the time. Although these kids didn’t have parents, they were Folia’s precious family members. Looking at the kids who were eagerly chasing after her, Folia thought they were so cute and she smiled happily.

“What is it?”

“Mii-chan want to play outside.”

“Okay. I’ll play with you all after I finish the laundry.”

“Un!!”

The little girl went away jumping and hopping around while she gathered the other children. Folia went out with a basket of freshly washed laundry. The weather was very nice and her hair fluttered in the wind. It was a perfect day for drying the laundry.

It had been a year and a half since she had entered Centrior. Originally, she was sad that she couldn’t spend time with the kids while she was at the academy. But now that she had friends that made school felt fun, she couldn’t wait to get back to the academy.

At first, she was worried whether she could fit in with the students in an aristocratic school. Thankfully, another commoner girl had reached out to her right on her first day at the academy, so she was able to enjoy her school life without any trouble.

“I wonder if Raze-chan is okay. She seems so busy with her work…”

A few days earlier, the steering committee had gathered together. When they were about to leave, Folia noticed Raze looked kind of sad and it made her worried.

“She has good grades, and work as an adventurer, and her magic is even better than Luca-kun… We’re the same age but unlike me, she’s an independent person.”

The 2nd Year students were going to have career counseling soon. Folia had entered the academy with help from Zale but she had not made any decision about her career after graduation yet.

The friends close to her, which were the main casts of the otome game, had more or less decided on their career path. In most cases, the sons of the influential aristocrats who entered the academy would join the Knights.

After becoming a knight, these young men would experience protecting the people from the beasts, and at the same time, learnt about the life of town people with their own eyes. So that when the time comes, they would be able to climb to a new stage.

As for Carna, a woman could be a knight too. Considering that she was good at magic, maybe she might join the Knights.

During this holiday, the children of other aristocrats and wealthy merchants went home and started to learn in preparation to take over their family business, while some enter the laboratory to pursue knowledge.

“… What do I want to do?”

Wisdom was valuable. There was no drawback to have more knowledge. That was what Zale had told her when she decided to enter Centrior. She was also interested in school and was fascinated by the fact that she could learn what she didn’t know, so she desperately studied to pass her exam.

Folia thought that if she entered Centrior, then people would recognize her effort even though she was an orphan. Then perhaps people wouldn’t give her cold stares if she stood by Zale’s side.

Folia stopped her hands abruptly. Her face looked somewhat melancholy.

…Pursuing knowledge to repay Zale-sama’s kindness was just a pretense. Actually…