Chapter 27: Their Star Festival

“My dear comrades, as a citizen of Shian Empire, you should know what day today is, right?”

Razé Orphan, dressed in combat uniform, took the lead in the 537th SAB and raised her voice. Her fighting spirit was worthy to make her be called ‘Leader’ by her team members. She had a strong presence even though she was standing in front of men who were more than twice bigger than herself.

“That’s right. From yesterday until tomorrow, these three days are the main period for Star Festival celebration. Today, the second day of the festival, is the high point of the celebration. And yet, here we are standing in the middle of the monster’s paradise!”

She seems to be especially fired up today, thought the men as they looked at their little leader. But their morale was high because it had been a while since they last went for an expedition together.

Razé: “When I was doing my mission the other day, I found out that there is something missing in the army. Captain Bonalt! What do you think it is?”

Bonalt: “Eh?! Is it youth?”

Bonalt spontaneously gave an answer to the question that suddenly came out of nowhere.

Razé: “So cheesy! Wrong! Why would you ask for youth for these men?! The thing that we lack is therapeutic healing!!”

She only been able to sleep for three hours recently, so she was acting hyper more than usual.

Razé: “People can stay strong if they get to eat delicious food every day while being surrounded by angels and goddesses! And for that reason, I will set quota for today’s mission! Anyone who had achieved their quota can return to Ordiana right away and participate in the Star Festival! Go meet your wife, children, or girlfriend and melt away your stress!! If you don’t have a girlfriend, take this opportunity to find one! And make sure to enjoy the festival! I’ve already paid to Tsuki no Shizuku[1], so please drink and eat as much as you like! That’s all!”

When they heard her words, the men screamed excitedly, “Wooo!! Leader!!”

“As expected from our Leader!”

“Come on!! Let’s finish this fast and go home early!”

“A treat?! That’s awesome!”

The excited group of men were cracking their knuckles and got into battle mode. Razé clapped her hand and they went silent instantly.

Razé: “Make sure not to get hurt!”

“Roger!”

With that, they started their mission in Baruda.

While they were traveling, Ducard said to Bonalt, “It’s really different when Leader is here.”

Bonalt: “Yeah. Everyone was very energetic.”

Ducard: “Including you.”

Bonalt: “Yes.”

Bonalt broke into a grin and burnt a monster to ashes with flame magic. He said, “When Leader is around, we don’t have to refrain ourselves.”

Ducard joined him and laughed happily.

Razé had marked all her team members. If she sensed any danger, she would teleport to them immediately. At the same time, she could teleport the person back to the safe zone.

Thanks to her skills, the members could fight valiantly and kept their live too. They could also accumulate experience much faster compared to other units, so each one of them had the ability equivalent to a troop leader.

They were the famous ‘Hyakki Yagyo[2] of Shian’.

* * *

Meanwhile, Folia and Carna were at the Star Festival in the capital of Shian. There were rows of food stalls and it was crowded with people. The girls were wearing traditional clothes unique to the Star Festival.