Chapter 46: The Awakening

Claude took Razé to the bathroom through the back door used by servants as soon as they entered the palace. She was happy that she could soak in the bathtub in the middle of the night and the maid had prepared a change of clothes for her too.

She was drying her hair with wind magic when a maid came by and gave her a cup of hot drink. Then, she saw Claude coming out of the bathroom wearing new clothes.

Claude: “The knights and butler will take care of the rest. You don’t have to worry.”

“I understand,” Razé said and bowed her head at him. “By the way, did you hurt your arm? Have you healed it?”

Razé remembered seeing his sleeve torn. She climbed down from her chair and walked up to Claude. Then she rolled up his sleeve. “Waa-. The wound is quite deep.”

“Oh no! I’ll go and bring a bandage.” The housekeeper, Martha was about to leave to fetch the first aid box when Razé stopped her.

“It’s not that serious. I can heal this.” Razé focused her attention on the wound. She was not that good at healing magic but she used it often due to her profession. As long as she had the strength and time, she could close the wound.

Claude felt the wound getting warmer and then it started to close. He was astonished.

Razé: “Fu-. Any other injury?”

Claude: “No… Thank you.”

Razé: “Don’t mention it.”

Since they had already knew her magic was better than Luca’s, she felt that she didn’t need to hide her power anymore.

Alright. This will do it.

Razé considered his injury as her mistake, so she had destroyed the evidence successfully. Martha brought a drink for Claude. He sat down after hesitating for a while.

Martha: “Anyway, how did such a young and pretty girl like you get covered in blood all over your body? You must have been scared.”

Razé: “I’m fine. Sorry if I scared you.”

Martha: “Of course not!”

Razé was wearing an oversized pajama. Martha stroked her hair as she sat on a chair holding a mug with both hands. They had only met for a few minutes but Martha really adored her.

Martha: “I was curious when I heard that a commoner girl is here. Such a nice girl. I’d love to have a daughter like you.”

Razé: “Your daughter must be very lucky to have a mother like you, Martha-san.”

Martha: “Thank you, dear.”

Thinking of what had happened earlier, Claude felt the current atmosphere was unbelievably quiet and peaceful.

Razé: “Claude-kun. What will happen tomorrow?”

Claude: “We cannot stay here until the cause has been clarified. I think we will have to move to another place tomorrow. As for the preparation for the school festival, it’s up to Prince Ruben and Lady Carna.”

Razé: “I thought so too. My holiday is until the day after tomorrow. If possible, I’d like to clear as many tasks as I can…”

Razé drank the honey milk tea. She had a limited amount of time here, but she couldn’t just rush around alone.

Claude: “Then I’ll accompany you.”

Razé: “Thank you! I’m counting on you.”

She unintentionally used the way of talking like she used in the army. She felt that she had become closer to Claude, and wanted to take this opportunity to get to know each other better. It was always better to have many allies (also for the future too).