Chapter 59: The Second Battle Fiesta Part 2

“Wha- What was that just now?”

“Is there anyone who can explain what happened just now?!”

“Who is that girl? A major upset right from the beginning?!”

Luca’s defeat had caused an uproar among the audiences. Luca Fein Streinge, who was famous for his excellent magic activation, had lost the match. Not only the students, but the parents were also making noises.

“What was that just now?”

“Was she cheating?”

Those who didn’t know what Razé had done were the first to question a foul play.

Well, the truth was she had simply done a lariat strike at an incredible speed. Besides, it was not even considered as high speed to her. It was just a low-level magic activation.

“Hmm. I know it was going to turn out like this.”

Welrian Lag Zars sat at the VIP seats and looked down at the stage while smiling happily amidst the confusion. Principal Harlens gave dry laugh after seeing his reaction.

Harlens: “She did all that just because she won’t let people realize her actual strength. As expected from a living legend…”

Welrian: “I think instead of saying won’t let people realize, it’s more accurate to say can’t let people realize. It’s difficult to understand the nature of movement magic as specialty in the first place. Flame or water magic are flashy and easy to understand. Well, in her case, it seems to be beyond the category of movement.”

Harlens hadn’t seen his friend looked so happy like this for a long time. He had always felt that Welrian adored Razé very much.

Harlens: “I didn’t expect the Toymaker will help with a student event. I heard that he’s a moody person?”

Welrian: “He’s charmed by our Fang[1]. When I said it was for her, he finished it by working overnight.”

Harlens was restless after looking at his happy face.

Harlens: “… You look so happy.”

Welrian: “Am I?”

Vanessa: “You are. Can you please cheer for your son too?”

Vanessa, who was sitting next to Welrian, reminded him.

Vanessa: “You look much happier than during Adis’ match.”

Welrian: “Uh-”

Welrian was at a loss of words after being reproached by his wife. Of course, he cherished his son, but he felt this was a different topic… He contemplated on how to answer so that she wouldn’t be offended. Vanessa watched his reaction and burst out laughing.

Vanessa: “Oh, you’re hopeless… I’ll let you off because Wolf-chan is special. I also think of her as a daughter. I’m looking forward to see her win this tournament.”

Welrian: “Yes. This is a big moment for my direct subordinate.”

Vanessa: “That’s right! It’s her big moment! But why can’t these people understand how great she is?! She’s not someone who would cheat. Are they blind?!”

Welrian: “Ca- calm down, Vanessa.”

Seeing her getting emotional, Welrian anxiously tried to calm her down.

Welrian: “Didn’t I say it before? I know it was going to turn out like this.”

Vanessa: “Huh?”

Welrian smiled mischievously at Harlens.

Harlens: “That’s true. I’ve already made the preparation.”