021.

TW MENTIONS OF SA

i pace up and down our usual table in the cafeteria, ania, manny, cruz and noah all sat down and eating. 'nady, he'll be fine, just sit down and eat something and then you can go.' cruz speaks as i groan.

'he's not graduating with us, i can tell you that.' i mutter.

'you don't know that, greyson could be having a really good day.' ani adds on as i shake my head, cruz pushing over a full plate in front of me.

'he doesn't like oakley.' i mumble, taking a bite of the food in front of me.

'nah, he's not allowed to be salty because of opinions.' noah speaks up.

'yeah, that's true.' manny adds.

'if anything, he should probably just get detentions or something.' cruz says as i sigh, staying quiet and eating because i know he won't let me go and see oakley until he knows we've all eaten. fucking dad.

eventually, when i'm finished, i see noah and manny's eyes look up and i follow their line of sight, seeing oakley walking towards us. 'what happened?' i ask, standing up and walking to him.

'uhh—' he begins as i furrow my brows at him.

'what?'

'i'm not graduating.' he mumbles.

'what?' ania speaks as oakley stays quiet.

'for fuck's sake.' i mutter as he nods. 'nah, i'm gonna talk to him.' i say, beginning to walk towards greyson's office as oakley wraps his arm around my waist.

'there's no point. he made his decision.' he speaks as i kiss my teeth and shake my head.

'then just let me try.' i mutter, pushing past him and walking towards greyson's office. 'what the hell? how are you not letting oakley graduate?' i ask as he sighs, seeing me walk in.

'do you want to try that again, miss lilova?' he asks as i scoff.

'he didn't even do anything.' i defend, sitting in the arm chair opposite the man's desk as he raises his bushy brows.

'he punched jonathan stones in the face.' he deadpans.

'did he tell you why?'

'no. he didn't say anything, actually.'

'jonathan slapped me on the ass. oakley was only trying to show him that what he did was wrong.' i speak as he shakes his head.

'i've already made my decision, miss lilova.' he announces as i let out a quiet breath.

'oh, so you support sexual assault?' i question, leaning back in my chair.

'no—'

'but by punishing the wrong person, it seems like you do.' i shrug. 'i'd hate for the board to find out that the headteacher himself supports sexual assault.'

'and how would they find out?' he asks as i raise my brows. 'i–i mean not that i support it.' he sputters as i shake my head.