ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

7 ʏᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

'heyy!' i chirp as we walk into the room, rome walking ahead of me as i shut the door behind us. a combination of 'hello's and 'hi's are heard from around the room before my eyes lock on the tall figure in the recording studio as he looks at me, a smile adorning his face.

'hey.' oakley speaks as he steps out, leaving his headphones on the table.

daddy!' rome calls out as a look of glee overtakes oakley's face, picking up his son and kissing his cheek repeatedly.

'are you ready to go?' i ask him as he nods, kissing my lips as i walk around to sit down on one of the chairs.

'what's wrong?' he asks me and i shake my head.

'a long day of shoots.' i groan as he smirks, rome still placed on his hip as everyone around us starts leaving.

'we don't have to go if you don't want to.' he says and i shake my head.

'no, we have to. i've missed them.' i say and he nods, sticking one of his hands out as i take it and we leave.

'where are we going?' rome asks as he starts wriggling, eventually making oakley put him down. i'm not surprised that he's managed to last this long, to be honest. he's 6 years old and can't seem to stay away from his dad.

'to cruz's house.' i answer as he takes each of our hands and we walk out.

'where's bambi?' he asks with concern.

'in the car.' i say as oakley looks at me.

'you left bambi in the car alone?' he asks me and i nod.

'i left the air con on and it was quick.' i shrug and oakley hums.

we all get in the car, oakley driving as i sit in the passenger seat and i check my messages. we're going to cruz's house, gathering with his, noah's and ani's families. we make sure we see each other at least once a month since our friendships have lasted this long and they're the most important people in my life.

'hey!' i hear cruz call out as we all get out of the urus, oakley taking rome out while i open the boot, letting bambi out.

'hey!' i call back as he smiles, walking up to us. bambi runs up to him first as i follow after her but slower instead, hugging cruz tightly as his arms wrap around my shoulders even tighter. 'i missed you, idiot.' i laugh as we stand there for a moment.

'uncle cruz!' rome calls out as i pull away, my son running up to hug cruz as he smiles widely.

'wow, you've grown!' he smiles as he picks him up and gives him a hug.

'not that much.' rome says with a giggle as cruz raises his brows.

'don't lie.' he teases as we all start heading inside, bambi wandering around our feet before she starts barking and running in the house.

'who's here?' i ask as oakley wraps his arm around my shoulders and i rest my head on his.

'everyone.' cruz replies as he puts rome down and we all start heading inside.

'are kai and brooke here?' he asks as he walks among us.

'yes, they are.' cruz replies before rome starts cheering and running inside.

'never seeing him again.' oakley jokes as i laugh and we all walk in. cruz shuts the door behind us and we go straight out to the garden where everyone is gathered.

'ani!' i chirp as i greet my best friend, hugging her first before my attention falls on noah and he joins the hug.

'you still haven't grown taller, mate.' noah jokes as i roll my eyes and we all pull away.

'she doesn't need to be taller than me.' oakley interjects as he greets amir and the others and i turn to noah and cruz's girlfriends, athena and violet. after we finish all the greetings, we all sit down around a large table while our kids play around us and i'm finally at peace. i'm surrounded by my most important people and my life is perfect.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ