Ribbons are just shiny strings, and strings are just smaller ropes

New Zealand knew his plan, and he himself thought of it as a good plan.

He could get all his brothers in a position where he could control them, they'd stay out of trouble. Then the UK would be proud of him. Fool proof. 

"I already know how to get to Australia..." He said, spitting the name out of his mouth. "And I can reveal Rica's secret at any expense, how can I get to the UK and Canada?"

He looked at the Bulletin board hung in his room. Everything was planned out...at least for the USA and Australia. 

It was around 2 am, so he needed to remain quite, unfortunately, planning for NZ was a loud process (He liked to snap pencils when lost in thought) He began pulling a pushing a pin in and out of the board as he thought about his father and brother.

It hit him for the UK rather quickly. His brothers, at least by now had forgotten about the little mishap with the original world. Perhaps he could hold that over the UK's head.

Britain was a man of secrets, sadly, NZ only knew one of many.

How would he get Canada to listen? Well, Canada was his closest brother. He could tell his plan to Canada outright. Surely, he'd understand?

Hours passed.

Its 7 am. 

UK was in the kitchen, making eggs for breakfast. As New Zealand entered the kitchen, he knew Australia would be up in an hour, so he needed to act fast.

"Dad." He walked up to UK, holding something tightly in his hand. 

"Ah, morning Zea! You usually don't wake up this early." He smiled. New Zealand opened his hand, revealing the rock that was suppose to wipe his memory. UK gasped, facing New Zealand. "I-"

"I know." NZ said. "I know why you did it. You want us to forget. You don't want us to know about the original world...and I know why." 

UK stood shocked. "I give you a deal. I won't tell anyone about your magic, the original world or you erasing our memories....on the condition you help me out." 

UK bit his check nervously, looking up at New Zealand a little scared. "Remember what you told me yesterday?" He looked down at the UK. "I-I thanked you for helping with your brothers...." 

NZ smirked. "You can help me with that." 

....

Australia's POV: 

The house was cold as I walked down the stairs and found myself in the kitchen. There, sat NZ at a bench, writing something on a piece of paper. I tensed, but walked past him and entered the kitchen.

But as I entered, he spoke. "You and I both know you won't eat anything." I sighed, he was right after all. As I went to walk out, he gabbed my arm. I stopped, nervously facing him whilst trying to pull away. He looked me with a bland expression, before pulling me out of the kitchen and toward the living room. 

He sat me on a chair, leaving the room for a moment. What is this apple crumble cunt doing?

New Zealand came back a moment later, with some things behind him. He went behind me, suddenly pulling the collar of my coat, where I hid my hair.

"What are you do-!" I was cut of as he pulled out the low bun I had in my hair which I tried to hid. 

My hair was around 20 cm last I checked, and I liked to hide it due to it making me look weak (at least that's what other colonies said when I was younger), despite how my I value it. 

Harshly grabbing my head he began... brushing it? The hell?

As I tried to shimmy away, I remembered something. When us colonies were younger, he'd find animals, brush their fur before practically straggling them with bows.

What did he have in his other hand? A bow.

As another memory hit me,  I froze at the realisation. 

Whenever I'd get to see him in the colonial days, he'd always be looking or pulling at my hair.

I looked up slowly, noticing he'd starting smiling. He knew I knew.

I sat there, shaking as he pulled and twisted like I was some lost rabbit in the bush. 

And then, he stopped, grabbed my head, and putting a mirror in my face. I looked my face, noticing that a tear had rolled down my face slowly. 

He leaned down, whispering softly in my ear; "You're just like a weak little kiwi, who I can control and kill when I please."

He then left, as I sat, in a pool of my own misery, as I felt ribbons around my body. Starting in my own hair. 

776 words (5:17)