Food? Don't know her

"How was school?" UK asked, voice echoing across the large kitchen table. 

"Alright. Canada stayed out of trouble for once." NZ said.

"Hey! I always stay out of trouble!" Canada bashed his fist on the table. "Debatable..." NZ muttered. "Today was fine! Got a 56% on my test, beating my avenge of 53%" Canada happily boasted. 

"How lovely!" America smiled, continuing. "I had my usual Friday; Lessons, tutoring other kids and all my things, what about you, Australia?".

Australia seemed to be thrown a bit off about randomly being brought up. 

U-urm... fine..." He stammered out, pocking the pasta with a fork. "Did you eat today like you promised?" USA said, staring at his brother. "Yeah..." He responded. Before standing up. "I should go study... for school." He said, leaving the room lightly. "That jerk. Ignoring us trying to help!" NZ wasn't happy with what was going on with his brother. They weren't close at all, but he still cared. And, Australia wasn't close to anyone. Why would he be different.

Australia came into his empty, undecorated room. Everyday was the same. Wake up, shower, walk too school, period 1, 2, break, period 3, 4, break, period 5, 6, walk home from school, home, homework, bed. He liked his schedule. His family didn't, they wanted him to eat. But food was a waste of valuable time, time that could be used to study, and be better.

Why would they care anyway? UK poisons people just for breathing next to one of them, America is little miss perfect, Canada is nothing but trouble, and kiwi is just... odd.

But Australia couldn't help but ask himself as he drifted off to an early sleep, 'Why is our family so....

 divided?'

285 words. (9:24)