Episode 59 [I]

After arriving home victorious, the Scouts attended a meeting the next morning where Military generals debriefed with the surviving Survey Corps as well as Queen Historia.

Rhea accompanied Captain Levi and Commander Hange in the front row of the courtroom as the rest of her comrades resided behind her in the next two rows back.

"The early life of Grisha Yeager, the extent of our knowledge of titans and their history, and information about the world beyond the walls. The only people who know these books exist are those who are in this room now. These texts were obtained through the efforts of the ten Scouts before us, and the 199 others who were lost. On this day, and in the Queen's presence. I'd like for all of us to assess our situation, and come to an agreement about our next course of action." Primer Zachary stated. "Scout Regiment Commander, Hange Zoe."

Hange stood before the crowd of Military men and women. "Sir. The Scouts have suffered a brutal, staggering blow. In exchange for the lives of many heroes, including Erwin Smith, we have retaken Wall Maria and seized control of the Colossal Titan, with all its fearsome strength."

Rhea twiddled her fingers beneath the desk. She knew Armin had been struggling with the idea of becoming a titan. She couldn't imagine what he was going through regarding committing cannibalism and devouring Bertholdt. She remembered how he had woken up on the wall and nearly thrown up when the information was clear that Levi chose Armin instead of Erwin. All that weight he must feel. Rhea shuddered at the thought.

"That said," Hange continued, "we humans living inside the walls have just learned how precarious our situation is. I'd be relieved if Titans were the only monsters we had for enemies. Unfortunately, the true nature of the foe we face... is human. Its a whole civilization. One could say that it's us against the world."

Rhea glanced around the room, observing Queen Historia, Zachary, the men of the Military Police. They didn't understand the hardships the Survey Corps faced when facing the enemy. In fact, Rhea saw one man yawn as Hange continued to explain that the people of Paradise are of a special race that can turn into titans: Eldians. Since Eldians have the ability to transform into monsters, the world across the sea would wipe us out even though in the last century the island has not been a threat.

"Doctor Yeager did manage to achieve this mission, and he passed the Founding Titan on to his son Eren." Hange motioned her head back at Eren. "The founding Titan's full might can only be brought to bear when the power is possessed by someone of royal blood. However, when a royal comes to possess the Founding Titan, they're overpowered by their ancestor's will, and they continue down the path he set before them. His vow being to renounce war."

While Hange continued with her lecture, Rhea zoned out as she already knew this information. She had read the book's cover to cover on the way back from Shiganshina.

Suddenly Eren sat up in his seat, his eyes wide with realization and terror. Everyone's attention turned to the young boy but he shut down his thoughts and sat in his chair, not willing to talk about what he was thinking. This left Rhea more curious than ever as she noticed Erens frightful, panicked look in his eyes.

The room began to argue about whether or not the people in the walls deserve to know the truth about the world being the real enemy. Queen Historia stated that her people have the right to know the truth in order to work together and unite as one in the case of war.

Rhea stood up and pushed her chair in. She didn't know how the people would react to the knowledge that the rest of the world believes they are a race of devils due to Titans actually being human.

Jean and her friends waited for Rhea at the door before they headed outside the courtroom into a grand parlor, awaiting the medal ceremony.

"How's your shoulder feeling?" Rhea asked as she fixed up his uniform, smoothing all the wrinkles.