Chapter 60

A few days have passed since the first day of the work studies. Our classmates were happy to see our names in the news, showcasing our debuts into hero society. Pictures of me smiling with Kimiko were plastered all over the internet, along with Kiri's fight with the blade criminal.

As it turns out Ochako and Tsu also have made quite the impression on their first day as well. I've also been able to catch up on missing assignments thanks to Shoto or Kat collecting them for me. So despite missing school, I wasn't behind in the slightest.

Right now Kiri and I were being called in by Fat Gum, only we were told to wear our school uniforms today. Strange, but we didn't question it, we were just about to head out when Izu came outside.

"Hey Izu, did you get called in by Sir Nighteye?" I waved at the cinnamon roll boy, who was also in uniform.

"Oh hey Drea and Kirishima! Yeah but they didn't want me to bring my costume which is strange," he says scratching the back of his neck, as Ochako and Tsu came out of the dorm.

We had all been called into work, and we're all taking the same train. So I guessed that our agencies were teaming up for some kind of mission. This could be interesting, and we all met up in front of Nighteye's agency. Where the big three were waiting for us.

"Hey everyone, nice to see you again. How's your arm Tamaki, I can heal it for you. Unless you want to keep the scars, sometimes I like to keep my scars," I greeted the others, two of which were smiling at the sight of us, as Tamaki gazed at the ground.

"I'm fine it's almost healed anyway," he says and together we all headed inside. Gathered in a conference like room, were loads of pro heroes. Including Sensei and Gran Torino. This had to be some mission. Kiri, Tamaki and I made our way over to Fat taking seats next to him.

Nighteye stood at the front of the room, as his sidekick began debriefing everyone on the situation. As it turns out the focus for this team up was to take down the gang known as Shie Hassaikai. Who have been engaging in the creation of illegal drugs to burst quirks and get rid of them. An operation like that surely can put fear into all of hero society. Us heroes wouldn't be able to work as effectively without our quirks, so I can see the haste for this mission.

"The leader has a daughter. Whom doesn't have any birth records that we could find. My sidekicks Togata and Midoriya have seen this girl, she was covered in bandages," Nighteye adds which makes my heart jolt in sadness, putting the pieces together.

Without thinking I connected to Izu's memories, finding the one of him trying to comfort the cleary terrified girl, as Mirio tried to de-escalate the situation. I began glowing pink as I showed everyone else what the girl looks like. A few of the heroes I didn't know seemed intrigued by my quirk, as well as those who didn't know how powerful it truely is.

Fat Gum also went on to state that we couldn't really find many pieces of the destroyed gun, or the bullet used to disable Tamaki's quirk. But due to me pulling the boy out of the way, and the other bullet bouncing off Kiri, they managed to get one fully in tact.

What they found inside was concerning as it contained human blood and DNA. None of my classmates seemed to get what the heroes were thinking, but a tear fell down my cheek.

"That poor little girl, who could be so cruel to an innocent child," I stated making it snow above my head, and this was the first time my weather quirk acted up since the day of the license exam.

"What are you thinking Drea?" Kiri asks trying to console me by rubbing my arm.

"They're abusing her, somehow harvesting her power by extracting it somehow," I tell them, feeling overwhelmed by the whole thing. It reminded me of Touya and Shoto all over again. Having lived through that and watching them suffer at the hands of Endeavor. Not being able to do much, at that age. It still affected me to this day.

"She's very sensitive about this type of subject," Sensei told the others, most likely knowing some of Shoto's past. Also he knew that Shoto and I grew up together, so he probably had a hunch that I'd been exposed to some of the abuse, even though I never recieved it.

"She's very smart though. I'll give her that," Ryuku adds to the conversation "I'd expect nothing less from Andromeda's daughter,"

The conversation continued, and this also was a mission to rescue the girl, Eri is her name. Nighteye was going to have everyone pick a spot close to property owned by Hassaikai since it's likely she wouldn't be kept at the main compound. At least not now that she's been seen by heroes.

Everyone was just sitting around not talking. The big three were here as well, and it was a very awkward silence. Aizawa came over and said that he was going to try and convince us to quit the work studies. But he knew how driven Izuku and I are, so he said he'd keep an eye on us when the time came.

Not much happened after that, of course this thing was bugging all of us. However it's not like we could talk about it with one another, since someone might overhear.

We're not allowed to discuss our work with anyone who's not participating in a study. Much to my boyfriend's dislikings, since they knew something was bothering me but I just couldn't tell them. It wasn't harming our relationship, since they understood that I wasn't allowed to disclose anything.

A few days passed, and we tried being normal, our experiences in the work force have sharpened some of our skills. Katsuki tried prying information out of Kiri but he wasn't budging which was good.

We finally got the call, and the date was set for the rescue. We were finally going to save Eri......