XXXVII

Isabel

My arm stretched up as I woke up. I looked at my phone and saw the usual calls and texts from my mother. It had been about a week since the big blow-up at the house. That night, I left and have been staying at Stella's since. The first night was rough, but each day, I improved until I felt somewhat normal again. I got up and dressed for Friendsgiving.

I went downstairs and was greeted by the smell of waffles. "Good morning, Mrs. Suni," I said. She smiled at me, "Moring Isabel, Stella went to grab me something," her mom said. I smiled and sat down quickly, digging into the breakfast. I have eaten better in the past week than in the past few months. I was chewing my last bite when Stella walked in. My eyes immediately met hers, and she walked over to me quickly.

"Hey," she breathed out. I blushed and replied, "Hello." She stood staring at me before a wooden spoon flew towards her head. She ducked and turned in the direction it came from: her mother. She gave Stella a stern look, and Stella sighed as she walked off. I laughed and proceeded to help her mom clean up the kitchen. I then decided to spend time with her mom, talking about everything that had been going on. 

"Isabel, hney I have loved having you here but maybe you should go see your mother. Now I'm not making you leave because I will not kick out a child of mine, but I know she misses you and wants to see you dearly," her mom said softly. I nodded and sighed. It was like she understood what I said in my sigh without me saying a word. She hugged me and walked off to the kitchen. I began walking upstairs when I felt my phone buzz. I pulled it out and looked down.

Peter: who bringing what

Chloe: mac and cheese

Casey: salad

Mark: pie

Luke: bringing the rolls

Stella: bringing the ham

Isabel: bringing myself

Luke: bruh

Peter: okay whatever meet at my house at 6

I looked at my phone and saw it read 4:30 pm. I sighed as I made my way upstairs to Stella's room. I could tell she was in the shower, so I scrolled on my phone until she emerged from the bathroom. "We're gonna be late," I said. She shrugged her shoulders, and I rolled my eyes and entered the shower.

The past week showed me what living with Stella was like, and it was something else. She was so caring and gentle with me. I thought about what our lives could be like down the road. A small apartment for us. A cozy space where she and I could just live out our dreams together. I sighed, shaking my head and freeing myself of my dreams. 

I looked at myself in the mirror again and smiled, happy with my outfit. I wore a pink sweater, blue jeans, and Uggs. I opened the bathroom and found Stella lying on the bed, dressed and scrolling on her phone. She wore jeans, a hoodie, a jacket, and a beanie. "I finished applying my gloss as I spoke, "Let's go, Stella." She groaned and rolled over so she was flat on her back. 

I walked over to her and straddled her waist. Her green eyes perked up as she looked at me, getting darker by the second. I leaned in close to her ear. "If you get up right now, I'll let you eat pie off my as-" I spoke before she jumped up and sprinted out the door. 

The entire evening was filled with laughter as we talked and drank. We stayed for about four hours before leaving. I managed to grab a slice of pie for later, and Stella caught my eye. She gave me a smirk as we walked to her car.

As we drove, I realized we weren't by her house but mine. "What are we doing here?" I asked, confused. She sighed, putting the car in park. "Go see your momma, baby. I'll be at home. Stop by if you need something, but go see her. Talk to her. For me," she said.

I rolled my eyes and pulled her to my face. "You're lucky I like you," I said as I pulled my coat on. She smiled and said, "That's my girl." My heart fluttered, and I pecked her on the lips. I entered the door, not expecting what was coming next.

AN: Filler tbh.