XXXV

Isabel

Long chapter, ngl...

I sighed, replaying the video of me and Stella making out for the sixteenth time. "It's not that bad," Chloe said, applying mascara. I sighed, 'it's not, but this just is not how I wanted to come out; I mean, I haven't even spoken to my mom," I said. "And just asking for my knowledge you are.....?" she trailed off. I turned to her, "I'm bisexual. I like boys, but I like girls too." I said. She nodded, took my phone, deleted the video, and made me leave the car.

As I stepped in, I expected dirty looks and stares, but no one turned another eye at me. As I walked to my locker, no one said or did anything, and no one even looked up from their phones. "Told you," Chloe said. I rolled my eyes and stopped as Trent stood in front of me. Chloe did a complete 360 and walked the other way. I sighed, "Hey Trent, what's up?" He looked down at his shoes, "I am gonna assume we're not going to prom together or doing anything together," he said. 

I nodded. He deflated more before opening his mouth again. "Just tell me this: is she better than me? I mean, I'm a dude. I have a, you know. Like..." he spat with disgust. I sighed again. "I am going to stop you there, Trent. The short answer is yes, she is way better than you. The long answer is she is better than you were," I said. And with that, I turned around and walked to class.

As class dragged on, I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out to see who it was.

Stella: hey, you ok?

Isabel: perfect

Isabel: no one has said anything except for one person.

Stella: hm ok

Stella: oh and umm my mom wants you over for dinner

Isabel: WHAT??? DID YOU TELL HER??

Stella: no she found out from the twins

Stella: they said sorry btw

Isabel: no worries. i'll be there

I started at my phone as I powered it off and paid attention to the lesson. School was never hard for me, especially since it was so dull and the teachers were 80 years old. I yearned for class to be done with.  The bell rang for lunch, and I strolled to the cafeteria.

When I arrived a few people turned and looked but I kept my head low and walked to the table. I sat down in my usual spot and waited for everyone else. Soon enough, everyone sat down, Stella next to me. It was quiet until Peter spoke up. "So yall are.....?" I looked down, and Stella puffed out a breath of air. "I mean, I don't care. No one here really does. We wanna know for the trip," Peter said. 

My eyebrows rose, Stella gave him a stern look, and he blushed. "What trip?" I asked. Stella said, "Junior year, we planned a trip for spring break, and it just so happened to fall on my birthday, so we were gonna go to Cabo." I sat back, turning to her. "So you didn't tell me this. Like ever," I said. She sighed. "It wasn't like that. I meant to bring it up, especially after you and Chlo joined, but I wasn't expecting you to come out so we would cancel the trip," she replied.

I sighed deeply, "Trust me, I don't even remember coming out, much less anything else that night." Stella's face changed as she turned her body away from mine. The mood shifted as the whole table looked anywhere but us. My eyes caught Casey's, and she looked concerned. "Wait, you don't remember anything from that night?" Casey asked. 

I turned to her. "I mean, I remember getting to my house, drinking, and the team getting there, but that's it," I replied. 

Stella got up and left without so much of a word. I threw my hands up as I exited the cafeteria, following after her.