5- Car conversation

'So, it looks like night shifts left us a couple jobs to do. Officer Braun, you get the burglary case.' Grey started roll call. He threw some papers on the desk in front of Sara and Celina. 'Oh, and I almost forgot. Officer Bradford has an appointment, so the first half of the day, you'll be riding with officer Chen.' Sara turned around and looked at Lucy who quickly closed her eyes to let her know that it was okay. 'No problem sir.' Sara responded. Grey distributed the rest of the cases, and then it was time to go.

It was quiet in the shop. Lucy was driving while Sara just looked around for any signs of distress. Nobody had said a word since they got in the car. That was half an hour ago. 'Can I ask you something?' Sara asked all of a sudden. 'Lucy took her eyes off the road and looked at Sara. 'Yes, of course.' 'So, I know we don't know each other for that long yet and I don't know Celina for that long either... I don't know if this is too soon or if this is just how I feel, but I think that if I wait any longer, I'll be too late.' Sara was threading. She had no idea how to bring this subject up. 'Sara, What's your question?' Lucy asked again to stop her from spiralling.

'Okay... I like Celina.' She finally blurted out. Lucy gazed frowning at her. 'I mean, I really like her and I need to know if she's available and if she's into girls or not.' She added. 'Y- You like Celina as in...?' Lucy stumbled a little over her words. She was not expecting that question at all. 'I know, it was stupid to even bring it up. I'm sorry.' Sara felt immediately guilty. 'No, it's fine... Ehh, I'm just a little surprised that's all...' Lucy pulled herself together. 'Okay, let's see what I know. So I have no idea if she likes you or not, for that I need a little more time.' Lucy started answering the questions.

'Did she ever have a relationship with a girl?' Sara asked, trying to keep hope. 'To be honest, I don't think she ever had a relationship with anyone. She went on a couple dates with a couple different men, but that never lasted.' Lucy responded, and Sara fell back into her seat. 'Hé, don't give it up yet. People change their mind every day. One day they have a perfect life, and the next day they commit a murder just for kicks. You never know.' Lucy tried to cheer her up and it worked. 'I know, but I really like her and I really hope she feels the same way.' 'Well, I really don't know yet, but if I do I'll tell you, okay?' Lucy said. 'Thank you, I really appreciate that.'

After a couple of hours, Lunchtime came around. Lucy and Sara sat down at a table with Celina and Aaron and just talked. Lucy kept an eye on Celina the whole time. She couldn't help but wonder, if she'd like Sara back? After Lunch, Sara finished her shift with Tim who couldn't stop asking questions about Lucy. Sara answered them all honestly. She found it funny how obsessed he was with her. Lucy finished her patrol with Aaron.

'Lucy, can I ask you a question?' He asked her. He was driving and quickly looked at her. 'Yeah, sure.' She responded. 'So I really like Celina, but I don't know if she likes me back.' Lucy tried very hard to keep her laughter in. This felt Like deja vu. 'Do you think she likes me too?' He added. 'I don't know. She does talk a lot about you, but that is mostly about that weird game you too are playing together.' Lucy grinned. ' Dungeons Of Dragons isn't a weird game, it's very complicated.' Aaron was suddenly very protective. Lucy grinned. 'Okay, if you need to believe that then fine. Point is, I don't know if you should date her. She's still a rookie and I know first hand how dating a colleague can skew things.' She said.

'I know, but Tim was in your chain of command. I am not in hers, so it'll be fine, right?' He asked, hopeful. He was right about that. 'Yes, but we're not really on speaking terms right now and there is also a pretty good chance that one of us has to move to a different station soon.' Lucy had no idea why she was pushing Aaron away. He was a very nice guy, but not for Celina. 'Okay, I know what you're doing. Either she doesn't like me or you don't.' He saw right through her. 'I'm sorry but as her roommate and best friend, it's my job to dislike all the boys she likes or like her.' Lucy smiled, and Aaron grinned now too. He sighed, and dropped the subject.

Next part: October 18th 2024