♥♥♥ Chase Davenport X Diana: Power and Heart ♥♥♥

The team, consisting of Oliver, Kaz, Skylar, Bree, and Chase, rushes into Mission Command, clearly rattled from their encounter with Reese. They stop abruptly upon seeing Douglas on the floor, holding the hand of an unconscious girl, Diana. Bree and Chase recognize her instantly.

Douglas: (voice breaking) She took a hit for me. Donald sent her to be part of the team, but Reese got to her first. Her pulse is faint.

Chase: (tears up, rushing to Diana) Diana! No... (pulls her into his arms) Diana, wake up. Please, draw energy from me.

Oliver: (worried) Chase, she could drain you!

Chase: (determined) She won't if she's drawing from my heart and emotions. Diana, you can do this.

Chase holds her hand, focusing intensely. Bree watches, realizing her brother's feelings for Diana are genuine and profound.

Bree: (softly) This is different... She's one of us.

Diana starts to glow faintly, then more brightly as she draws energy from Chase. Her eyes flutter open, and she looks up at Chase, whining softly. Chase leans down and kisses her lips. Diana kisses back, and the glow becomes blinding.

Kaz: (stunned) Whoa, did you see that?

Skylar: (amazed) She's healing!

Oliver: (in awe) This is incredible.

The glow subsides, and Diana, fully conscious now, reaches up to hug Chase's neck. Chase holds her tightly, his face a mix of relief and fury.

Chase: (furious) This was Reese's doing. She played with my emotions and hurt Diana. (to the team) Head back out and find Reese. She has the hero list. I'm staying with Diana. If they want war, we'll give them war.

Douglas: I can look after Diana so you can go, Chase.

Chase: (shaking his head) No, I'm staying. (softly to Diana) It's okay, love. I'm here.

Chase picks Diana up bridal style, carrying her to the living room. He gently sets her on the counter and starts making a snack for her.

Diana: (smiling weakly) You always know how to take care of me.

Chase: (kissing her lips) Only the best for you, sweetheart.

Diana: (playful) You know you're wrapped around my finger, right?

Chase: (chuckles) And I wouldn't have it any other way.

The team exchanges looks, realizing the depth of Chase's feelings for Diana. They quietly head out to find Reese, leaving Chase and Diana to their tender moment.

Chase: (holding her hand) You scared me, you know.

Diana: (gently) I'm sorry. But I knew you'd save me.

Chase: (smiling) Always.

He leans in for another kiss, their connection palpable as they banter softly, finding comfort in each other's presence.

*SKIP TIME*

After a quiet meal, the calm is shattered as Reese enters through the balcony, attempting an ambush. Diana, with quick reflexes, blasts Reese into the reinforced windows with an energy blast. Chase, furious, draws his laser bo staff, ready for a fight. Diana stands beside him, arms crossed, her expression cold.

Reese: (dazed, shaking herself off) Chase, I–

Before she can finish, Chase presses the tip of his staff under her neck, eyes blazing with anger. Diana stands firm next to him, a silent but powerful presence.

Reese: (trying to play innocent) Chase, you don't understand. I thought we had something. You told me I was your girlfriend.

Chase: (coldly) That was before I knew what you did to Diana. Anyone who hurts her becomes my enemy. Diana is my girlfriend now.

Reese's eyes dart to Diana, who smirks, not lowering her gaze. Diana reaches down to grab Chase's free hand, energy building up between them. Chase lifts their joined hands, the energy intensifying.

Chase: (calmly) Return the list you stole from us, Reese.

Reese: (hesitant) It's not with me.

Chase: (firm) Then you're of no use to us.

Reese glances at Diana again, noticing the energy pulsing from their joined hands.

Reese: (confused) What is this?

Chase: (smirking) Diana was my mentee. This ability is unique to us because Diana is my equal.

Diana: (glaring at Reese) You don't stand a chance against us. Leave, and don't come back.

Reese: (trying one last time) Chase, please, you have to remember–

Chase: (interrupting) The only thing I remember is that you hurt the person I care about most. Get out.

Reese, seeing no way to manipulate the situation, reluctantly backs away, still eyeing Diana warily. She exits through the balcony, disappearing into the night.

Diana: (softening, turning to Chase) You okay?

Chase: (sighing, lowering his staff) I am now. Thanks to you.

Diana pulls him into a hug, resting her head on his shoulder. Chase wraps his arms around her, feeling the tension dissipate.

Diana: (murmuring) We're stronger together.

Chase: (smiling) Always.

They pull back slightly, Chase leaning down to kiss Diana tenderly. The moment is serene, a stark contrast to the chaos moments before.

Chase: (whispering) Let's get some rest. We'll deal with the rest tomorrow.

Diana: (nodding) As long as you're by my side.

Hand in hand, they head to the living room, ready to face whatever comes next together.