♥♥♥ Chase Davenport X Diana: A Kiss Beyond the Theory ♥♥♥

~*~ Bionic Academy - Classroom ~*~

Chase Davenport stands at the front of the classroom, wrapping up a lesson on quantum theory. The students, all seated at sleek desks with futuristic technology, listen intently as he finishes the lecture.

Chase: "Alright, that's it for today's lesson on quantum theory. Remember, the principles we discussed today are fundamental to understanding advanced bionic enhancements. If you have any questions, feel free to ask before the next session."

The students begin to gather their things and file out of the room. Chase scans the room, his gaze landing on Diana, who is lingering behind, her usual lively demeanor noticeably absent.

Chase: softly "Diana, could you stay back for a moment?"

Diana, who had been quietly packing her things, looks up in surprise but nods, staying seated as the other students leave. Once the room is empty, Chase walks over and sits down in the seat next to her.

Chase: concerned "I noticed you were quieter than usual today. Is everything okay?"

Diana hesitates, her eyes welling up with tears. She tries to blink them away, but one escapes and rolls down her cheek.

Diana: voice trembling "It's just... there's this boy, Chase. We used to be best friends, but lately, he's been... different. He's been saying mean things, like I talk too much, or that I don't admit when I'm wrong. He even says he'll stop talking to me. And the worst part is, he's treating his girlfriend better than he ever treated me."

Chase's eyes narrow as he listens, a mixture of anger and protectiveness bubbling up inside him.

Chase: firmly "That's not okay, Diana. He has no right to treat you like that. You deserve better."

Diana: shaking her head "Please, Chase. Don't get involved. I don't want to make things worse."

Chase takes a deep breath, trying to calm the storm inside him. He nods, though his jaw is still clenched with frustration.

Chase: "Alright, I won't do anything—if that's what you really want. But just know, I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

Diana nods, giving him a small, grateful smile. They both stand and head to the common area, waiting for Adam and Bree. Diana sits on one of the couches, scrolling through her phone. Chase notices her eyes are still filled with tears. His heart aches for her.

Chase: gently "What are you looking at?"

Diana doesn't answer right away, but then she reluctantly hands him her phone. Chase looks at the screen and sees a social media post. The image shows the boy Diana was talking about with his girlfriend. The candles on his bed spell out "LOVE." Chase feels a surge of anger, but then an idea crosses his mind.

Without saying anything, Chase puts her phone down, pulls Diana into his arms, and before she can react, he presses his lips to hers. Diana's eyes widen in surprise, but then she closes them, kissing him back. The kiss is soft, warm, and full of unspoken emotions.

When they finally pull away, Chase grabs his own phone and quickly snaps a picture of them together, still close, with Diana looking a little dazed and blushing.

Diana: confused "Chase, what are you doing?"

Chase grins, typing out a caption on the post before showing it to her.

Chase: "Just setting the record straight."

The caption reads: "Found someone who's worth more than a thousand candles."

Almost immediately, Diana's phone buzzes with notifications. She looks at the messages, her eyes wide as she reads what the boy sent her. Chase watches her reaction closely, then reaches out to gently tilt her chin so she's looking at him.

Chase: seriously "Diana, I need to tell you something. I've had feelings for you for a while now. Seeing you upset like this... I can't stand it. I want to be more than just your friend. I want to be your boyfriend."

Diana's eyes widen again, tears now flowing freely, but this time they're tears of relief and happiness. She nods, smiling through the tears.

Diana: softly "I'd like that too, Chase."

Chase smiles, pulling her into another embrace as they sit together, waiting for Adam and Bree, but this time, Diana feels a warmth in her chest that wasn't there before—a sense of belonging and being cared for, stronger than any friendship she'd ever known.