The unknown

____
Pete's POV

"I need you to....help a few people..out of something going on in Romania."

"......And?"

Vegas took in a nervous breath, and explained everything in short to someone, I don't recognize the voice, but it's a girl. I wonder who's he talking to, all of his trained guards communicate with him either face to face or via encrypted emails. By the way she's answering Vegas, she doesn't seem to be someone under Vegas, because she wasn't the one listening to orders.. Vegas was the one carefully talking. Then, Who's she?

"I don't understand why you'd think I'm a person who'd want to help without any reason."

"Without any reason?! Did you even hear what I....." Vegas paused a little taking another deep breath. "It's urgent, please try to understand I can't go all the way to Romania right now- It'll be too late."

Why he's so tense?

"I didn't know you cared about your cousin that much."  

"I Fucking don't..."

"And are you not supposed to keep your shit back in Asia?"

"I..I'll explain everything. But we're short on time."

"Heh. I don't like the fact that they're the reason you're talking-"

"That's not it- "

"Then what, you were doing quite well without me in your life.."

"No hell, Don't act like you don't know anything if I don't inform you." Vegas frowned.

"Are you telling me I should be grateful for you letting my spies in your household?" The frawn vanished, Vegas took a look at me for a second.

What? What the hell is she talking about? I'm getting more and more uncomfortable as they continued with the conversation. Now I understand why Vegas didn't consider this option in first place.

"Why are you bringing that up, what did I fuck up? I didn't kill a single one of them. Not even-"

"Get to the point Vegas, what about your wife?" Vegas stopped. "You're turning into quite a family guy."

"You...' Vegas turned serious. "You knew it from the start...that Kim was in-"

"Probably? Who cares?" Is she crazy?

"We'll talk about it later when....you come back..."

"Go back?" I heard her laugh like crazy. "Ah Vegas , do you expect me to go back to that place?"

Vegas stayed silent.

"......or go back to you?" What....What does she mean? Although Vegas tried to maintain a straight face, the mask cracked under a pressure unknown to me.

"......Please." It was the way Vegas was talking to her, I got goosebumps. "We can talk this out..." Should I get worried? I was the one forcing him to do this. He's talking with that woman because of me.

"Jeez, whatever. Even if I do this, what do I get from this?" 

"We'll talk about it."

"From this side or- "

"Whatever you say."

".....Okay." Vegas sighed as if it's all fine now.

I was staring at Vegas with a frawn. He turned towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder as a 'reassurance'. What.. it's taken care of.. just like that?