~Chapter 24~

Alina replays the vision in her mind as she waits outside for Barty and his friends

Alina replays the vision in her mind as she waits outside for Barty and his friends. It is Hogsmeade weekend, and she knows almost everyone will be shopping for Halloween costumes since it is coming up.

Alina will not be participating.

The vision she had in her sleep is rather...mundane. Just a student tripping over something. She will have to keep an eye out so she can watch it happen—only because she finds it slightly funny.

"Lia!" Barty calls her name from behind.

Alina turns with a raised brow. Barty, Regulus, Evan, Pandora, and Dorcas are all walking towards her.

She isn't that close with any of them, only Barty and...maybe Regulus.

"Barty," she greets him as they begin walking to the village.

There is little talk between her and the others. Not that she minds; if anything, she prefers it.

A small chill is in the air as they walk. Autumn has settled onto the grounds easily and quickly.

Eventually, they make it to the village. She says goodbye to Barty and his friends, who are planning to visit the costume shop set up in one of the stores.

Alina begins making her way to the bookshop.

She walks down the small cobblestone path, right beside a few of the shops. Her shoes tap against the stones.

"Sunshine!"

Oh Salazar.

Alina continues walking, hoping she can blend in with the other students.

Sadly, James and Sirius catch up to her.

"What do you want?" Alina asks, shooting a glare at both of the boys.

Sirius pushes his hair back with a smirk. He wears a loose white shirt and a black leather jacket.

James wears a red sweater. He seems obsessed with the color red.

"We can't just say hello?" Sirius asks, tilting his head slightly.

"No," Alina replies bluntly. She taps each finger to her thumb.

James laughs slightly. It seems genuine. Sirius pauses for a moment before speaking. "Come join us at the Three Broomsticks," he says with a smile.

"I'd rather die," Alina replies.

Sirius rolls his eyes before grabbing her arm. Alina tenses, and he quickly takes his hand off her arm and instead grabs the strap of her bag and begins to tug her.

"You get no choice. You have to hang out with us. It's not like you have anything else to do." Sirius turns his head, sending her a smile as he tugs her toward the Three Broomsticks, James quickly following.