~Chapter 20~

Make sure you're on the right chapter!! I think wattpad glitched again💔

"Madam Pomfrey!" James's voice breaks the silence of the infirmary.

"Shut up, Potter," Alina whispers, glaring up at him.

Madam Pomfrey emerges from her office, her eyes widening at the sight of the blood-stained cardigan on Alinas arm.

"Oh dear! Sit down, sit down!" She directs Alina to one of the cots.

Alina sits, the bed squeaking loudly in the quiet room, her feet touching the ground. James immediately pulls up a chair, positioning himself behind her. Madam Pomfrey quickly brings over a rolling tray with medical supplies.

Alina lets Peter's cardigan fall, revealing the wound, which seems to be bleeding faster.

Madam Pomfrey mutters a few spells under her breath, and the bleeding begins to slow.

James is practically leaning over her shoulder, trying to get a better look at the wound.

Madam Pomfrey starts cleaning the cut with familiar spells. Alina often sees her parents or herself perform them for bad injuries.

"This cut is bad, dear. What happened?" Madam Pomfrey asks, glancing up at Alina.

"Detention in the Forbidden Forest," Alina replies blankly. James keeps looking at her with concern every time Madam Pomfrey touches the cut, as if expecting her to be in pain.

Madam Pomfrey mumbles about the foolishness of detentions in the forest.

Alina silently agrees.

"You alright?" James asks as Madam Pomfrey begins the healing spells.

Alina glares at the dark-haired boy beside her. "I'm fine," she snaps, turning away.

Why does he love invading her personal space so much?

James winces as he watches Madam Pomfrey work. "Doesn't that hurt?" he asks, his voice tinged with sympathy.

"No," Alina says bluntly.

"I'll just put a bandage on it for tonight. Come back tomorrow morning for further healing," Madam Pomfrey instructs with a gentle smile. "Be careful, dear. And Mr. Potter, please escort her to her common room."

Alina sighs in annoyance. Of course.

"Already planning on it," James replies with a grin.

"I hate you," Alina mutters as she stands up. Madam Pomfrey has already walked away.

"Sure, sunshine," James says, standing up as well.

Alina picks up the bloodstained cardigan from the cot.

"Do any of you four boys know how to get bloodstains out of clothes?"

"Remus does," James says immediately, his eyes widening as if he has revealed a secret.