~Chapter 23~

Alina focuses on the lines of the book, pushing away the ambient noise of the library

Alina focuses on the lines of the book, pushing away the ambient noise of the library. It has only been a day since the duel in class.

She did have fun during it, though.

She pushes the thoughts away, focusing on her book once more. With not much to do, she allows herself to read another Muggle book.

Alina flips a page but pauses as she hears loud murmurs from a nearby shelf.

Her head lifts, blond hair shifting as she looks around.

No one is there, or at least no one she can see.

Her brow raises slightly before she looks back down at her book.

Only to have a cold, gooey liquid fall on her.

A sharp intake of breath echoes through the small space as she sits up in her chair.

It is... slime? Dark green slime has just been poured on her.

"Shit!" a familiar voice says.

James.

Alina looks down at her book. Completely ruined. Covered in slime.

Slime is on her hands, on her clothes, in her hair.

Oh, she is going to kill James Potter. Alina sets her book down on the slime-covered table, thankful her bag is far enough away to not have been covered.

"Oh Merlin, Alina, I'm so sorry!" James quickly steps out from behind a shelf, Sirius right behind him. "It was meant to fall somewhere else—"

"Shut up," Alina snaps, trying to push the slime off her face. She slides her chair out from under the desk and stands up, slime dripping to the floor.

It is cold. Really cold. Alina looks down at her clothes. Ruined. And her hair... oh, fucking Salazar.

Alina lifts her head, glaring at the two boys with cold intensity.

James looks like he wants to cry. Sirius seems conflicted.

"You ruined my book," she says, looking at the slime-covered pages on the table. "What the fuck was the purpose of this?" Alina snaps, looking back at the two boys.

James opens his mouth to say something but quickly closes it. "I'm sorry," he says.

"You're a fucking idiot," Alina snaps. "You're immature and stupid." She pauses, then adds, "Both of you." Glaring at Sirius.

Alina wipes her hands as best as she can, grabs her bag, and storms away. James Potter is a fucking idiot.

She is covered in dark green slime.

Her hair is tinted with it.

There is slime on her shoes, too, but it slowly comes off as she leaves the library and makes her way through the halls.