~Chapter 33~

It's a Hogsmeade weekend, and Alina is waiting outside for Barty and his friends

Salazar, it's cold.

In the two days since the first snowfall, more snow has piled up. Alina wraps her Slytherin scarf tighter around her neck and adjusts her warm trousers and black sweater. It's freezing.

Her breath fogs the air as she waits. Her shoes, at least slightly taller, help her avoid sinking too deeply into the snow.

"Sunshine!"

Oh, Merlin.

Alina turns to look behind her, rubbing her hands together despite wearing gloves. James Potter, flanked by his three friends, is approaching.

"Potter," Alina replies coolly, noting their warm, layered clothing dominated by Gryffindor red.

Remus wears what seems like three sweaters with odd patterns. James smiles brightly despite the cold. "Why haven't you left for the village yet, hm?" he asks as they stop in front of her.

"I'm waiting for Barty," Alina replies.

"I'm sure he'd be fine if we took you with us," Sirius drawls as he steps beside her, reaching out to grab her arm.

"If you touch me, I'll charm your hands together for a month," she warns.

Sirius quickly raises his hands in surrender. "Fine, fine, just come with us."

"Why?"

James interjects, "It could be fun!"

Alina arches a perfectly shaped brow. "I'd rather—"

"Die," Sirius finishes her sentence with a smirk. "Come on, just this once. If you hate it, we won't try it next Hogsmeade visit."

Alina stares at the four boys blankly. Remus shoots her apologetic glances, and Peter stares down at the snow, making shapes with his shoes.

Alina sighs. "Fine." She turns and begins to walk, the four boys quickly catching up.

James is on her left side, the other three boys on her right. She wraps her arms around herself for warmth.

"Have you done the Herbology homework?" Sirius suddenly asks.

Alina glances at him. "It was due yesterday."

"What!?" Sirius' eyes widen. "Oh, fuck."

Alina shakes her head. "You and Remus need watches."

"Oi!" Sirius says with mock shock. "Remus is never late for anything."

"I'm sure you're only saying that because you're in—" Alina stops herself at James' widened eyes and shaking head.

Okay, don't mention the romantic feelings.