~Chapter 26~

Alina wants to cut off her ears

Alina wants to cut off her ears. She hates the other Slytherins, she decides.

Another fucking party.

At least it's only a Slytherin one this time. But still, it's late, and she needs some quiet to study. Or, well, to read.

The library is already closed, given the hour. Alina slams her book shut and springs up from her bed. She slides on a pair of shoes and grips her book tightly, leaving her dorm as quickly as she can.

Salazar, there are so many people in the common room. It seems like every Slytherin is there. She hates it.

Thankfully, she is able to leave the common room without any disturbance.

Her only issue now is where to go. The astronomy tower? Maybe. Or outside. A walk sounds nice, and the Quidditch pitch would be empty.

Yes, that sounds good.

Alina quickly makes her way outside, the cool breeze leaving a chill on her arms as she walks. She is excited for winter, for the snow.

She likes snow, despite how cold it can get in her house.

Alina quickly pulls herself out of those thoughts, focusing on the moonlit ground. Her eyes lift to the sky. It isn't a full moon yet, but it's close—a day at most.

Eventually, Alina makes it to the Quidditch pitch. She begins walking toward one of the stands when she pauses.

Two people are on the pitch.

On their brooms, practicing, it seems. Alina narrows her eyes as she looks up at the two on their brooms. They are moving too fast for her to tell who it is.

Until one of them slows down, beginning their descent. The person zooms their broom in front of her, hovering a few feet off the ground.

James.

"Well, hello, Sunshine," James grins brightly at her, his hair messy from the wind. "Come to watch me play?"

Alina narrows her eyes. "No, I came to study." She lifts her book slightly.

"Studying on the Quidditch pitch? Interesting choice," James replies with a smirk.

"It's usually empty this late." Her tone is blank. The other person in the air slows to a stop but stays high up. Sirius.

"You know," James begins with a slight teasing tone, "you could try watching. Quidditch isn't all bad."

"I don't find it interesting," Alina says bluntly. It is only half true.

"Ouch." He places a dramatic look on his face, placing a hand over his heart. "That hurts." Alina rolls her eyes.

All she wants is peace and quiet. James and Sirius are the complete opposite of that.