~Chapter 6~

James Potter POV

James Potter POV.

James turns to grin at Sirius, who grins back. Then James reaches for the chocolate on Remus's bedside table.

"James, if you touch my chocolate one more time..." Remus grumbles from under the covers.

James quickly withdraws his hand, coming away empty.

"Told you so," Peter mutters with a small smile as he looks up from his notebooks.

"Come on, Moony," James pleads, kneeling beside Remus's bed. "I'm craving it."

"I don't care," Remus replies, poking his head out. "Fuck off."

"Please, Remus?" Sirius adds, suddenly beside James.

James stands, already confident this will work.

Remus freezes, a small flush creeping onto his face as he stares at Sirius. "One bar," Remus concedes. "Only one."

"Yay!" Sirius grabs the chocolate, kissing Remus's cheek before standing up.

James is certain Remus dies a little right then and there. Smirking, he accepts the chocolate from Sirius, who throws a piece to Peter.

"Thanks," Peter says with a small smile, taking a bite.

"So, Moony," Sirius says, biting into the chocolate and looking at Remus. "How's Alina during patrol?"

Remus sits up. "She's really quiet. I can barely hear her walking or breathing half the time."

James chuckles, running a hand through his hair.

They don't care much about Alina Nightshade; they just want to ensure she doesn't hurt Remus—she is a Slytherin, after all.

"I triedto talk to her in class," Peter speaks up, a bit nervous. "She's a bit...mean," he shrugs.

"What did she do?" Remus sits up straighter, a protective edge in his tone.

James doesn't miss Sirius's slight look of jealousy.

"Nothing much. She's just...cold," Peter shrugs again.

Sirius nods, his gray eyes widening for effect. "She threatened to cut my hair off."

"What a tragedy," James says, widening his eyes before laughing. Sirius punches his shoulder.

James glances at the clock, and his eyes widen in real shock this time.

"I'm going to be late!" he exclaims, dashing to his bed to grab his bag. "Bye!" He waves before running out of the dorm and into the common room.

Only to bump into Lily.

His heart skips a beat as Lily Evans's green eyes stare up at him.

His mouth parts in shock slightly.