Chapter 53

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"And you made me feel...normal"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The sun dipped low over the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow over the secluded beach that Gojo had rented for the day. The gentle lapping of the waves against the shore provided a soothing soundtrack to the lively chatter and laughter of the Jujutsu High students as they enjoyed their much-needed getaway. The beach was adorned with colourful beach balls, makeshift volleyball nets, and a barbecue grill, but the most intriguing part of the day was Gojo's surprise for everyone—a treasure hunt.

As the students milled about, excitedly discussing their plans and strategies, Gojo gathered them around for a brief announcement. "Alright, everyone, listen up!" he called, his voice carrying over the din. "I've set up a treasure hunt for you all. Each of you has a clue that will lead you to the final treasure. The person who finds it will get a special prize. Now, get out there and start searching!"

The students erupted into enthusiastic cheers as they each received a small piece of paper with their clues. Y/N, standing slightly apart from the group, unfolded her paper with a mix of curiosity and excitement. The clue on her paper read:

"Where the stars meet the sea,
The treasure lies beneath the light of the evening.
Follow your heart, and you shall find,
A place where love and dreams align."

Y/N stood at the edge of the beach, clutching the piece of paper. She had been searching for the treasure for hours, her feet sinking into the soft sand as she scoured every nook and cranny. The beach, illuminated by the gentle glow of lanterns and the twinkling of stars above, was enchanting. Yet, as time passed, Y/N began to feel a mix of anticipation and confusion. Everyone else seemed to be acting strangely, but she dismissed it as part of the game.

The sky had darkened to a deep navy, speckled with stars. The air was crisp, carrying the scent of salt and sand. Y/N's heart raced with a blend of excitement and curiosity. She followed the latest clue, which led her to a secluded part of the beach, where a stunning setup awaited her.

As she approached, her eyes widened in wonder. The area was adorned with a sea of red roses, their velvety petals glowing in the soft light of flickering candles. Heart-shaped lanterns floated gently in the air, casting a romantic, golden hue. The centrepiece was a large board with the words "Stand Here" written in elegant script. Y/N's breath caught in her throat, her emotions a whirlwind of surprise and confusion.

She hesitated for a moment, looking around to see if there were any other clues or hints. But all she saw was the breathtaking setup and the soft glimmer of stars reflecting off the water. With a deep breath, she stepped into the centre of the arrangement, her heart pounding with a mixture of apprehension and excitement.

As soon as she took her place, she heard soft murmurs behind her. Turning, she saw the other students of Jujutsu High gathering at a distance, their faces illuminated by the soft light of the lanterns. They were all smiling, their expressions a mix of joy and anticipation. Y/N's confusion deepened, but before she could ask what was happening, she felt a familiar presence behind her.

Gojo stepped into view, his signature blindfolds slightly tilted, his usually playful demeanour replaced with a rare seriousness. The moonlight caught his white hair, making him look almost ethereal. He approached her with a soft smile, his eyes filled with an intense, loving gaze.

Y/N's heart skipped a beat. She had never seen Gojo look so earnest and focused. He took her hands in his, his grip warm and reassuring. "Y/N," he began, his voice steady but filled with emotion, "I've been planning this for a long time. I wanted to make sure that it was perfect, that it would be a moment we'd both remember forever."

He looked down at their joined hands, then back up at her, a small, almost shy smile playing on his lips. "You know, I've always been kind of a lone wolf," he started, his voice soft. "Even with my students, with my colleagues, I've kept a distance. Not because I didn't care, but because I always felt like I had to. Like I was different, apart from everyone else."

Y/N listened intently, her heart aching at the vulnerability in his voice. She had never heard him speak like this, so open and raw. "But then you came into my life," he continued, his eyes locked onto hers. "And you made me feel... normal. Like I could let my guard down and just be myself. You accepted me for who I am, with all my quirks and flaws."

Her eyes widened, her breath catching in her throat. She looked around at the beautiful setup, realising that this was more than just a game. It was a heartfelt gesture, and it was all for her.

Gojo took a deep breath, his gaze never leaving hers. "You've seen me at my best and at my worst. You've been my partner, my confidante, my rock. And through it all, you've shown me what it means to truly care for someone, to love someone."

His words were like a balm to her soul, each one filled with sincerity and affection. She felt tears prickling at the corners of her eyes, overwhelmed by the depth of emotion in his voice.

He smiled, a soft, loving smile that made her heart skip a beat. "I know that life isn't always easy, and we've faced our share of challenges. But through it all, there's one thing that's never changed—my love for you. It's grown stronger with each passing day, and I can't imagine my life without you in it."

With a gentle smile, Gojo reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, velvet box. He opened it to reveal a stunning engagement ring, its diamond glinting in the candlelight. The sight of it made Y/N's heart swell with emotion.

"Y/N," Gojo said, his voice thick with emotion, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up next to you, face every challenge together, and create a future filled with love and happiness. Will you make me the happiest man on earth by becoming my wife?"

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes as she looked at the ring, then back at Gojo's hopeful face. The words caught in her throat, overwhelmed by the enormity of the moment. The students around them were watching with bated breath, their eyes filled with happiness for the couple.

With a choked sob, Y/N nodded, unable to contain her emotions any longer. "Yes," she managed to say, her voice trembling with joy. "Yes, I will!"

A cheer erupted from the students, and Gojo's face lit up with a radiant smile. He slid the ring onto Y/N's finger, the gesture both simple and profound. As he did, he pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her close as if afraid to let her go. The warmth of his hug, combined with the beauty of the evening, made the moment feel like a dream.

The soft light of the candles flickered around them, casting a warm glow over their faces. Y/N could hear the sound of waves crashing softly in the background, a perfect soundtrack to the most important moment of her life. The students clapped and cheered, their joy palpable and infectious.

Gojo pulled back slightly, his hands still resting on Y/N's shoulders. "I love you, Y/N," he said softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "Thank you for making me the happiest person in the world."

Y/N looked up at him, her heart overflowing with love. "I love you too, Satoru," she whispered. "Thank you for this incredible moment."

The two of them stood together, bathed in the gentle light of the candles, their hearts united in a bond that was as enduring as the sea. The evening air was filled with laughter, joy, and the promise of a beautiful future together.

As the students gathered around them, sharing in the celebration, Y/N and Gojo shared a tender kiss, sealing their commitment to each other. The night was filled with the promise of new beginnings, a chapter in their lives that was as beautiful as the beach under the stars.

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──