Chapter 23

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

“You're making me fall in love with you again and again”

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Y/N arrived at her therapy session with Dr. Kobayashi and took a seat on the couch. She felt a bit nervous about what she was about to discuss with her therapist, but she knew that it was important to be honest with her.

"Hey, doc," She started, "I have something that I would like to discuss with you."

Dr. Kobayashi nodded, "Please go ahead and tell me what you'd like to discuss." She said in a gentle voice, making Y/N feel a bit more relaxed.

"Well, there is something that has been weighing heavy on my mind lately." Y/N began, "It's about my brother. I talked with him as you suggested."

The doctor smiled. "And what did he say? Are matters between you better?"

"He told me things that I had never known about before." Y/N admitted, "He told me that he had been assaulted by our father as well. And not just physically. I never knew that my father had sexually abused him as well.

"That our father had told him that he wanted to make me a prostitute to earn some money. And if my brother said no, then our father would do it himself.

"And..." She paused for a second, feeling like the events of that day were resurfacing. "That's not all he told me. He said that he agreed to do it... To keep me safe."

She took a deep breath and continued, "After he agreed to do it, he said that he had assaulted me. He did it because he couldn't watch our father do it. He tried to hurt me in a way that he thought was less painful than having our father do it."

Dr. Kobayashi was shocked to hear this revelation that something like this happened. She felt awful for the young sorcerer.

"If our father did it, it would've really hurt me. But the way he did it... It still hurts." Y/N admitted, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm so confused right now, Doc. My brother said he did it to protect me. But it doesn't make sense. He didn't want our father to hurt me, but he did the same thing to me anyway."

"He said that it was different than what our father would've done. He said that he was more gentle and loving. But I'm not sure if I believe that..." She shook her head. "I'm really confused. I want to hate him for what he did, but at the same time, I know that he did it for our family. He couldn't let our father hurt us anymore. So, he did what he had to do to protect us."

"But at the same time, he still did it to me. So why does it feel less painful when he did it than our father?" She started to feel a bit frustrated as if she was in a moral dilemma. "I shouldn't feel this way. I'm disgusted and disappointed in him... But at the same time, I feel... A bit grateful in a way?"