41: Mr. Bunman

The Man Who Sold the World - David Bowie

❝You're face to face

With the man who sold the world❞

┌────── ☾ ⋅☆⋅ ☽ ──────┐
MR. BUNMAN
└────── ☾ ⋅☆⋅ ☽ ──────┘

LUNA
TUESDAY, JULY 4

Feeling like I'm being forcefully thrusted back into reality, I stand beside Steve and Robin as Dustin cracks open the bathroom door. "And... blend," he says before opening the door and directing us to walk within the crowd of movie goers.

"Well, shit, that worked," Erica says in surprise as we continue walking. Steve keeps a strong grip on my hand while he glances suspiciously around us.

"Course it worked," Dustin replies. "Now we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes, and home sweet home, here we come."

"Hey, if we make it out of here alive, do you guys wanna come over to mine for tonight? TV dinners were on sale and my dad got extra," I ask Robin and Steve. Robin nods with a smile while I notice Steve avoiding eye contact with me. I now wow my eyes accusingly. "What did you do?"

"Um..." Steve gulps, still avoiding my eyes. "Maybe we should all go to mine. Dustin, too. Maybe his mom, too. And Hopper and El. Them, too."

Dustin glances back. "Why?"

"Well, I might've told them yours and Luna's full names," he responds.

My eyes widen at him and I resist the urge to smack him upside the head, instead, looking forward and taking a deep breath while my grip on his hand tightens.

"What is wrong with you?" Dustin whispers in a panic.

"Dude, I was drugged," Steve defends himself.

"So?"

"So?" Steve repeats.

"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man," Dustin argues.

"Uh, like a man?" I ask, squinting my eyes at the back of Dustin's head. "How about me? I was interrogated, like, a dozen times and I gave them nothing."

"You used your powers on them, don't tell me you toughed it out," Dustin whispers harshly.

"Powers?" Robin repeats.