C H A P T E R - 40

Aarav

Aarav

I ruffled my hairs dry from a towel facing the bathroom mirror. I never anticipated a night alone with Mayra. Earlier I tried my best not to let her see what she did to my body.

That girl had me on the edge almost. And I'm sure if I breathed down her neck a second longer I would've grabbed that delicate throat and devoured her mouth.

But I can't scare her. Because she'll likely do just that. I've observed Mayra doesn't prefer anyone touching her and I respect that but it's not my problem she practically summoned my boner with her doey eyes alone.

For that matter I had to wait extra ten minutes in the washroom to let my mind get away from her for once. 

It was easy to hate her when she lived so far away from me even though her thoughts were enough to bring me on the edge but still I had my control. Ever since she stepped in Mumbai and during this entire trip she's just everywhere. It's like I can't escape her and to be honest I don't want to..

I just pray to every deity above she feels the same.. I've seen her eyes how they have started to see me. Actually see me.

With a long exhale I twisted the knob and entered the room. I was in one of the bathrobe because all my clothes were soaked and were nowhere near usable for now.

 "Are you hungry?" I turned to that soft voice freezing on my spot. My lips parted for something anything to say but my mind was on its own vacation as I watch her dry her hairs in front of a heater the hotel staff provided.

It wasn't just that. She was wearing nothing but my shirt that flowed till her mid thigh.. this girl will be the death of me.

Her long legs curled on one side as she flips her hairs running a hand in between "Aarav?" she looks at me with contemplation. She asked me something? god what did she asked?

"You're not cold?" I attempted to distract myself from her and threw myself on the bed eyes anywhere but on her.

"No. I dried your shirt. Can I use it?" her voice drifted away as she stands up and rounds the bed "Sure" I'd love that. I don't actually watch her just noted her movements. Looking too much at her would make the situation worse and I'm sure she's not ready to witness that side of me.

She speaks again but not to me. She orders us some food then slides in under the blanket. I quickly get off from where I was sprawled and laid down on my own side of the bed.

"Are you cold?" she questions me and I simply shake my head. I can see her squinting on me but then goes back to flipping a magazine she found here somewhere.

Someone knocks the door and she jumps in to answer and there a maid stood waiting with our food. It was hours before I ate anything.

She places the tray on the bed and I pull near the edge of the bed pulling out my own plate. It was a full course meal and I was happy for the first time to have such food. Hunger doesn't gives you option.

"You are unusually quite" she comments in between her munching and I muffle my laughter with a big bite "I thought you didn't like me" I raised one brow in a mock earning an eye roll.

"Oh you thought right" she nods swallowing a spoonful of rice and I sucked on a tooth to stop myself from grinning "Let's play a game" I suggested resisting to look down more than her neck.

"A game?" she lifts her gaze to mine "Yes. Five questions that you can ask me and I'll answer truthfully. You do the same for me" I added searching her face for any denial.

After a moment she opens "Okay". We washed and cleaned the sheet before sliding under the blanket, she turns on her side to face me "Who goes first?" she asks curiously.

"Ask me" I say meeting her gaze with pure mischief. "Lemme think.." she takes her time to sort out and pick the most unexpected question for me.

"Why.. do you have violent tendencies" she licks her lips and I've noticed she does that often when she's nervous. 

"I've had them for a longer time. It started from the high school wen I beat a guy to the pulp and was rusticated for it. It was the first time I acted on my intrusive thoughts never before. But it grew more and more by the time.. in my first year of college I joined The Graves. An underground fighting club"

"The urge never left even after ring fights, boxing matches, car races... I grew tired of it and this feb I left the Graves. I still have these thoughts to draw blood from someone when the ringing in my ear gets too much" I finally release a long breath not looking at her in fear that I might find her terrified of me.

"But you stopped that night in the club.." she trails off fixing her gaze on me and I watch her with several thoughts nudging me.

"With you. It stops" her lips slightly part in shock or maybe surprise I don't know. Her fingers brush the top of her ears that were blooming red now, I bit back the urge to smile.

"My turn" I remarked and she shivers a fraction before bracing herself "Are you still guilty of not meeting your sister when she left three months ago" I asked because I knew her and knew her enough to know the guilt must be eating her alive.

Her eyes widen with surprise but nonetheless she speaks "Yes. And more each passing day... I was a mess and didn't want her to see me like that" she stops considering her words.

I never admitted but I was waiting for her that day.. and when at last she came running. It was the last image of her I carried in my mind for three months. But there she was.. she walked right in my life and turned it upside down.

"You are Iti bhabhi's favorite and will always be. Thank you Mayra, for sharing your sister with us" she watched me with a strange look before a small smile blooms on her face. "Mujhe nhi pta tha Aarav Parihaar sweet bhi ho skta hai" (I didn't know Aarav Parihaar could be sweet) she says shaking her head.

"Tumne kabhi taste hi nhi kia mujhe" (You never tried to taste me) she scrunches her nose at that then angles her head on the elbow.

"My turn now" she appears to go lost for a second in her thoughts. "Do you have a fantasy" I raise my brows at that question. I want to peek inside her head and know her definition of fantasy because if I told her mine... she'll certainly throw me out of this room.

"Sure you want to know?" her eyes seemed considerate for a second but then she continues "Tell me a normal one" her eyes sagged behind as if she already knows what my answer would've been. Good because I don't want her scared.

"I want to kiss and fuck under the rain" I say with a straight face watching her cheeks heat in a second. She bites her lips so hard that it might bleed and I don't like it how she's assaulting those lush flesh.

"So.. how many boyfriends did you have?" it was a careful question and she did not react to it "Just ..one" she breathes out and for a strange reason my jaws grind. And I suddenly wanted to the urge to get the name of that bastard out of her.

"Did you love him?" I say without thoughts and she eyes me with confusion. "That's your third question I must tell you" I don't care as long as she answers. 

"Answer me" I demanded to which she flinched "I don't remember his name. It was in class seventh and he proposed to me. I wanted to try that out as most of the girls there would tease so I said yes to him. But I would hardly talk to him, or meet him." she blinks as if that answers all.

I exhaled knowing she hadn't kissed him if she met him rarely. It was seventh grade never mind or that's what I keep saying to my stupid brain.

She opens to speak "Umm you always tell me to stay away from you. Why.." for a second I looked past her shoulder. "Because I can't." I breathe the words out not meeting her gaze as she continues.