Chapter 3

Meera thought of asking Vihaan about Darshana, so she started to climb the stairs but stopped in her tracks when she saw a shadow at the doorstep.

She saw Darshana leaning against the door, panting heavily and taking deep breaths. She was drenched in rain, with water droplets dripping from her veil and scarf.

"Darshana!" Meera shouted, causing Vihaan to emerge from his room.

Meera ran towards Darshana and held her, while Darshana's eyes searched for Vihaan in the palace.

Whete Vihaan stood outside his room, looking down. His hands rested on the railing, and his eyes were fixed on Darshana. Seeing her state, something stirred in his heart and mind.

Meera asked worriedly, "Darshana, are you alright?"

Darshana slowly nodded in response. She didn't even have the strength to utter a single word. She had walked all the way here in the rain, and her energy was completely drained.

Meera was about to take Darshana's hand and lead her inside, but Vihaan's cold voice echoed in the hall.

"Are you going to bring your little bhabhi inside like this, Meera? Shouldn't she have a Griha Pravesh?" he said as he began to descend the stairs.

Hearing Vihaan's voice, Darshana immediately stood upright. She raised her eyelids and looked at the man she had married just a few hours ago, the same man who had abandoned her in the middle of the forest in the heavy rain.

Vihaan, dressed in a black T-shirt and black sweatpants, looked striking. He walked over and sat on the sofa like a king.

"Go and make all the preparations for the housewarming," Vihaan instructed, looking at his phone and scrolling, though his eyes never left Darshana and her dishevelled appearance.

The maid who Vihaan had instructed quickly prepared everything within ten minutes.

After everything was ready, the maid brought an aarti thali to Meera. Meera glanced at her brother Vihaan, who was looking at his phone. She took a deep breath and began performing the aarti, meant only for Darshana.

After completing the aarti, Meera said, "Knock over the kalash with your right foot and come inside the house, placing your feet in the red paint."

Darshana slowly nodded and raised her right leg with great difficulty. Due to so much walking, her legs had swollen, causing her immense pain. Still, she gathered her strength and touched the pot with her foot.

As soon as she touched the pot, she tightly closed her eyes, feeling a burning sensation in her feet. She then placed both feet in the red paint, and tears started flowing down her cheeks. She bit her lower lip and began walking forward with trembling steps.

The white clothing was now marked with her footprints, which showed traces of blood mixed with the red paint. As Darshana took her last step, she collapsed onto the ground.

Seeung Darshana collapsing Meera rushed towards Darshana, but a loud scream escaped her lips when she saw Darshana's legs.

"Ahhh, Vihaan, c-call the doctor immediately!"

Within a few minutes, the doors of the Singhania Palace opened, revealing a 27-year-old woman in a blue shirt tucked into black skinny jeans and black heels. She held a doctor's coat in her hand, which clearly indicated she was a doctor.

She walked straight into the room where Darshana was lying.

-----

After some time, she came out and looked at Vihaan and Meera.

"Raina Didi, how is she?" Meera asked anxiously.

"There's no need to worry; she is fine. She just needs some rest," Raina said, glaring sharply at Vihaan.

"And you, Vihaan, she is not like anyone else. You know how sweet and innocent she is, so why are you doing this?" Raina scolded, pointing a finger at him.

"And remember, from now on, you must never, ever hurt her," Raina warned. Vihaan merely shrugged in response and began climbing the stairs.

Seeing him leave, Raina turned to Meera, "And as for you, I'm not seeing you like this for the first time. We're best friends, right? Tell me, what's wrong?"

Hearing Raina, Meera hugged her tightly and began to cry. "I-I c-can't act like this. I'm not this rude. And here I am, being rude to an innocent soul for no reason. I don't know what to do, Raina Didi."

"Be yourself," Raina advised, patting Meera's head. Then, both of them looked at Darshana's sleeping figure and took a deep breath, lost in their thoughts.

---

**Next Day**

The unending rays of the sun finally decided to retreat under the blanket of the sky, marking the start of a new day.

Sweat beads were forming on Natasha's sleeping figure. She was tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable position. She was mumbling, "No," repeatedly in her sleep, her hands trembling.

Suddenly, she shot up and ran to the bathroom. She immediately turned on the shower and stood under it.

The cold water ran over her, cooling her heated body. It was always like this for her. Since a very young age, she had experienced this kind of nightmare, and it had been the same one for the past 21 years: a small girl crying for help. Her body always overheated due to this nightmare.

Natasha closed her eyes tightly, and again, the little girl's face appeared in her mind, her cries echoing in her ears. Natasha put her hands over her ears and sobbed uncontrollably.

After some time, she turned off the shower and looked at herself in the mirror. Soon, her cold expression returned. She quickly changed into her bathrobe and looked inside her wardrobe for the perfect outfit for the airport.

Even though their home state is Kerala, they frequently travelled to Rajasthan. How could they forget Rajasthan so easily?

She wore a black suit, tied her hair into a high ponytail, and put on black heels. Her black bag, with its golden embellishments, completed the look.

Natasha descended the stairs like a queen and stood in the hall where everyone else was waiting.

"Rudra, you're not coming with us back to Kerala," Natasha said, shocking everyone.

"Why, Didi?" Rudra asked, confused.

"And you're not going to study in Mumbai. I've made all the arrangements for you to continue your studies here in Udaipur."

"But why?"

"And you'll be staying with the Singhanias from now on. I don't want to leave Darshana here all alone."

Hearing Natasha, a smile appeared on Rudra's face. 'Well, I knew you wouldn't leave us that easily, Didi,' Rudra thought to himself.

"Sure, Didi," Rudra agreed with a small smirk.

TO BE CONTINUED...

°○♡○°~°○♡○°~°○♡○°~°○♡○°~°○♡○°

Tell me your thoughts about today's chapter in the comment box and don't forget to vote. 🙈

See you all in next chapter
Till then a byee