Chapter 16

Natasha met his gaze head-on, her heart pounding in her chest but her resolve unshaken. "Watch me."

The words hung in the air like a challenge, daring Yuvaan to make his next move. But Natasha wasn't afraid anymore. Not of him, not of her family's betrayal, not of the nightmares that haunted her. She had endured too much to back down now.

This was just the beginning.

Natasha was about to step outside the palace, her breath catching in her throat as the cool night air kissed her skin. Freedom was just a step away. But before she could process what was happening, a firm hand gripped her wrist with iron strength, yanking her back with a force that sent her stumbling.

Her body collided against Yuvaan’s chest, and the shock of it jolted her senses. She froze for a moment, her breath hitching in anger. His familiar scent—intoxicating and enraging—wrapped around her, making her feel caged.

She pulled back, her eyes blazing as she looked up at him. “Let. Me. Go. Yuvaan. Singhania.” She spat each word, her voice hard and unyielding, every syllable soaked in hatred.

But Yuvaan didn’t respond, his jaw tightening, his eyes dark with unreadable emotion. The silence between them was like the calm before a storm. Without a word, he tightened his grip on her wrist, dragging her back inside the palace. Natasha struggled, her feet digging into the floor as she tried to free herself, but he was stronger—too strong.

They passed through the opulent corridors of the palace, the grandeur of the place mocking her helplessness. The walls felt like they were closing in, suffocating her with their cold luxury. By the time they reached the guest room, Natasha’s heart was pounding in her chest, fury burning in her veins.

He shoved her inside, the door slamming behind them. Before she could regain her balance, Yuvaan threw her onto the bed with a violent motion, as if her defiance had ignited a fire in him.

“Let me make something very clear,” he growled, his voice a thunderous roar that echoed in the room. “If you ever speak to me in that tone again, Natasha, the consequences will be far worse than anything you can imagine.”

Natasha’s heart raced.

“You’re not allowed to leave this room without my permission,” he continued, his voice low and dangerous. “You won’t use your phone. You won’t contact anyone. You will stay here until I say otherwise. If you violate any of this…” His lips curled into a cruel smirk. “...it will be the end.”

She stared at him, her mind reeling. The end? What did he mean by that? She wasn’t his prisoner—he had no right to lock her away like this.

Natasha’s voice cracked when she finally spoke, her words trembling with fury and disbelief. “You can’t keep me here, Yuvaan. I’m not your property.”

His eyes darkened further, a dangerous glint flashing through them. “I can do whatever I want,” he snapped. “And you will obey, whether you like it or not.”

The room seemed to close in around her as his words sank in. Every inch of the space that once felt like a haven now felt like a cage. Panic clawed at her chest, but she refused to show weakness in front of him. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

Yuvaan leaned closer, his face inches from hers, his voice dropping to a whisper. “Be a good girl, Natasha. Accept the gifts I’ve prepared for you.”

Confusion flickered in her eyes. “Gifts?” she echoed, her voice laced with suspicion.

He straightened up, his smirk deepening as if he were savoring some cruel joke. “The gift is never going to be as sweet as you, Natasha. But it’s exactly as terrible as you deserve.”