Chapter 34

“Yes,” Natasha replied without hesitation. “I don’t care what it takes. I don’t care how many people I have to cross, how many lines I have to blur. I’ll stop at nothing to make sure he pays with his life.”

_____________________________

Yuvaan sat in his expansive office, the faint glow of the morning sun filtering through the sleek glass windows. His office was a reflection of his chaotic mind: meticulously organized papers scattered across the desk, a half-empty cup of coffee cooling beside a laptop that had seen better days. He leaned back in his chair, eyes closed, his messy hair falling across his forehead. The remnants of his earlier conversation with Natasha echoed in his mind, a haunting melody of confusion and conflict.

The warmth of the sun contrasted sharply with the icy weight of his thoughts. Should he tell her? The question nagged at him like a persistent itch he couldn't scratch. Yuvaan had always prided himself on being in control, a master of manipulation and power within the walls of his empire. But Natasha—she was different. There was something about her that disarmed him, a vulnerability that tugged at his heartstrings even as he wrestled with the darker parts of himself.

"Killing Varun was the right choice," he muttered to himself, the words tasting bitter on his tongue. He recalled the moment vividly—the flash of the blade, the look of disbelief on Varun's face, the rush of adrenaline that accompanied the act. It had been a necessary move, a clean sweep of a loose end that threatened his world. Yet, in that violent moment, a part of him had fractured.

"But she doesn't know about it," he sighed, his brow furrowing in frustration. Natasha believed him to be a different man—a protector, someone who would never cross that line. But how could he ever explain the truth without shattering her perception of him? How could he reveal the monster lurking beneath the surface, the side of him that was defined by blood and betrayal?

As he sat there, memories of their interactions flooded his mind. The way her eyes sparkled when she laughed, the warmth of her presence that seemed to banish his demons, even if only for a moment. He could feel the pull towards her, an undeniable attraction that blurred the lines between desire and danger. What if she could never see him the same way again? The thought twisted his insides.

Yuvaan opened his eyes, staring blankly at the wall, lost in contemplation. The polished surface of his desk caught the light, reflecting his own image back at him—a façade of the successful CEO, but beneath that surface lay a man grappling with his identity. Satan, the name whispered in the shadows of his mind, a title he had embraced.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk, his fingers running through his hair in exasperation. The stakes were higher than ever. If he revealed his true self, would Natasha still stand by him? Or would she run away, terrified of the darkness that had enveloped him for so long?

“I have to protect her,” he murmured, the decision weighing heavily on his shoulders. The office was silent, the only sound the distant hum of city life outside. He could feel the walls closing in around him, the weight of his choices pressing down like a vice.

A knock at the door interrupted his spiraling thoughts. It was Dev, his right-hand man, with a report on the latest developments in their operations. Yuvaan straightened in his chair, the mask of the ruthless businessman sliding back into place. He had a role to play, a game to win. But the flicker of doubt remained in the back of his mind, a haunting reminder of the truth he was desperately trying to hide.

Dev looked at Yuvaan, his expression a mix of concern and determination. “We’ve searched everything we could about Mrs. Natasha’s brother,” he reported, his voice steady. “No evidence of him living in this world exists.” He shifted uneasily, the weight of their findings hanging heavily in the air.