Chapter 48

“That’s because you’re predictable,” she teased, heading toward the door with a spring in her step. “Now, come on, before all the good stuff’s gone.”

As they walked toward the kitchen, the weight of the day still hung in the air, but for now, with Darshana by his side, Vihaan felt like maybe—just maybe—things would be okay.

__________________________________

The unending rays of the sun finally decided to disguise themselves under the soft blankets of the morning sky, casting a gentle golden hue into the room. The warm light slipped through the curtains, slowly pulling Darshana from her peaceful slumber. She blinked her eyes open, adjusting to the softness of the new day. Her gaze fell on the figure lying next to her, Vihaan, who was still fast asleep, his face serene, lips slightly parted, breathing steadily.

She lay there for a moment, watching him, feeling a tenderness she couldn't quite put into words. His strong jawline was softened by the quiet calm of his sleep, and she noticed the way his dark hair fell messily across his forehead. Unable to resist, Darshana leaned forward gently and planted a soft kiss on his forehead, a touch filled with affection.

Just as she was about to quietly slip out of bed, Vihaan stirred. Before she could even react, he caught her hand in his, his grip firm but gentle. In one smooth movement, he pulled her back into the bed, flipping her onto her back as he hovered above her with a mischievous smile. His eyes sparkled as they locked with hers.

"Only a kiss on the forehead? Why not the lips, Daisy?" he teased, his voice still rough from sleep but laced with playfulness.

Darshana's cheeks flushed slightly at his words, and she immediately started squirming underneath him, trying to break free from his hold. "Hey! Don’t say such shameless things so early in the morning, Mr. Singhania!" she retorted, her voice flustered but playful.

"Mr. Singhania again?" he groaned dramatically, shaking his head in mock disappointment. "How many times do I have to ask, yaar? Call me Vihaan ji just once, na."

Darshana rolled her eyes, trying to keep her expression stern, though the amusement tugged at the corners of her lips. "But 'Mr. Singhania' suits you better!" she argued, her tone light.

Vihaan made an exaggerated pout, his face almost childlike. "Please?" he begged, leaning in closer. "Just once. Say 'Vihaan ji' for me."

She sighed, finally giving in to his persistence. "Fine! Vihaan ji!" she said, the words tumbling out with a mix of amusement and resignation. "Now let me go, I have work to do."

But Vihaan wasn’t ready to give up just yet. His grip on her only tightened as he pushed her back down onto the soft mattress. "Say it again," he demanded, his tone still playful but his gaze intense. His eyes flickered with mischief, but there was something deeper there too—something that made Darshana’s heart race.

"Vihaan ji," she repeated, her voice softer this time.

"Oh, my favorite word from your lips," he murmured, his voice a low rumble as he leaned closer, his breath warm against her skin. "Again, Daisy."

She couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up inside her as she tried once more to push him off. "Now enough, Vihaan ji! Let me go, I really have things to do!" she said, though her attempts to escape were half-hearted at best.