Chapter 6

Seeing Vihaan carrying Darshana, Rudra's eyes immediately landed on her bandaged legs. His playful demeanor vanished as he stood up from his seat and sternly commanded, "Stop!" His voice had taken on a harsh edge, stripped of its usual humor.

For a moment, both Meera and Vihaan froze, astonished. It was as if Rudra had suddenly transformed, channeling the fierce authority of their father.

Rudra strode over to Darshana and took her gently from Vihaan's arms, his expression unreadable. "What happened to your legs?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"N-nothing," Darshana stammered, avoiding his gaze. She quickly glanced at Vihaan and Meera, silently pleading for them to stay quiet.

"Tell me the truth. We can fix this. You know what all didi is capable of, right?" Rudra pressed her, his eyes dark with worry.

"She said it’s nothing, right? So why do you keep asking?" Vihaan interrupted, his voice tinged with irritation.

Rudra’s gaze snapped to Vihaan, his voice sharp as a blade. "I wasn’t talking to you, Vihaan Singhania. So keep your mouth shut. You have no right to interfere in a conversation between a brother and his sister."

Vihaan bristled at the reprimand, but said nothing, glancing at Meera, who was equally taken aback. Neither of them had ever seen Rudra like this—so stern, so commanding.

Darshana, sensing the tension, rushed to speak. "It’s nothing. I just fell down the stairs. You know how clumsy I am, right? We live on the third floor. I hit a flower vase when I fell, and it broke, cutting my legs. That’s all," she explained, forcing a smile. But it was clear to everyone that her explanation didn’t quite add up.

Rudra didn’t respond immediately. He stared at her, his jaw tight, clearly unconvinced by her words. "Hmm," was all he said, his skepticism palpable. Still, he decided not to push further—for now. He bent down slightly, preparing to carry her to her room, but Vihaan swiftly stepped in, gently pulling Darshana from his arms.

"I’ll take her," Vihaan said firmly, his eyes narrowing. "I don’t like anyone else being in my room."

Darshana and Meera stared at him, wide-eyed. **‘What a terrible liar,’** Meera thought to herself, fighting the urge to laugh.

Rudra, however, wasn’t amused. "Just because my sister covered for you with a ridiculous lie doesn’t mean you can take her from me," Rudra said, reaching for Darshana again.

Before he could grab her, Vihaan spun around, shooting Rudra a cold look over his shoulder. "She may be your sister, but she’s my wife," Vihaan stated, each word dripping with finality. Without another word, he began climbing the stairs, Darshana in his arms.

Rudra’s gaze followed them until they disappeared from view, a mix of annoyance and amusement dancing in his eyes. He turned to Meera, who was already grinning widely at him.

"See? Don’t be too over-smart, dumbhead," Meera teased, her tone light.

Ignoring her, Rudra started walking toward her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Meera’s grin faltered, and she took a step back. "Hey, why are you coming closer?" she asked, suddenly feeling uneasy.

Before she could move further, Rudra swooped her up into his arms.

"Ahh!" she shrieked, her hands instinctively grabbing onto his shirt as her feet left the ground. Her yelp echoed through the hallway, causing Vihaan to stop mid-step and turn to look at her.

"You jerk! Put me down!" Meera demanded, struggling to free herself from Rudra’s grip.

"What is this?" Vihaan shouted, his frustration evident.