Chapter 54

After what felt like an endless four-hour drive, the convoy of cars finally came to a halt. One by one, everyone stepped out of their vehicles, stretching their stiff limbs and taking in the sight before them. The destination that Shivan had promised was... not exactly what they had expected.

“You mean this?” Abhimanyu asked, his eyes narrowing in disbelief as he surveyed the place.

“Yes,” Shivan replied, nodding confidently.

“This village?” Meera echoed, her tone uncertain as she glanced at the rustic surroundings. It was far from the luxury they were used to.

“Yes,” Shivan said again, the same nod, though this time with a bit more conviction.

Vihaan, who had been standing silently, crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. “Are you mad? We could have just celebrated back at the palace. You know, in actual comfort.”

Shivan rolled his eyes and let out an exaggerated sigh. “Oh, come on, yaar! This village is known for its festivals. The energy here is unmatched, and the Holi celebration? It’s legendary. Trust me, it’s way more fun than anything we’d have at the palace.”

With that, Shivan reached out and grabbed Shanaya’s hand, pulling her forward with excitement. "Now stop whining and let’s celebrate!" he said as he started running toward the heart of the village, which was already brimming with vibrant colors and laughter.

The festive atmosphere seemed to lighten everyone’s mood. Vihaan smirked at Darshana, who stood beside him, her curiosity piqued by the lively scene. Without warning, he caught her hand, a playful glint in his eyes. “Come on, Daisy, let's see what all the fuss is about!” he said, tugging her along as they ran toward the colorful chaos.

Not to be outdone, Rudra glanced at Meera, who was still hesitating. “You’re not getting out of this one,” he said, grabbing her hand as she let out a startled gasp. With a mischievous grin, he pulled her toward the festival, her protest lost in the sound of the drums and cheerful shouting.

Dev, ever the smooth one, offered his hand to Raina with a wink. “Shall we?” he asked, and before she could respond, he led her into the crowd, their laughter joining the symphony of joy.

Even Ruhanika, usually the one to keep her distance, couldn’t resist. She playfully grabbed Abhimanyu’s hand. “Come on, don’t just stand there!” she urged, pulling him into the fray.

Meanwhile, Yuvaan lingered behind, watching his friends disappear into the village. He wasn’t in a rush; the chaos wasn’t really his thing. His sharp eyes scanned the vibrant surroundings, where colors flew in every direction, kids ran around with water balloons, and families gathered, all caught up in the magic of the festival. He gave a quiet, amused smile, but otherwise, he stayed calm and collected.

Behind him, Ravenous remained in the car. He knew better than to bring the black panther into a village full of people who might panic at the sight of such a predator. For now, his fierce companion would stay out of the festivities.

Taking a deep breath, Yuvaan finally stepped into the festive zone. His usual confident stride slowed as he was greeted by a sudden splash of bright pink on his face. Startled, he wiped the color from his eyes only to see Vihaan and Darshana grinning mischievously at him.

“Oh, so that’s how it’s going to be?” Yuvaan muttered under his breath, shaking his head, though a hint of amusement played at the corner of his mouth. Before long, it wasn’t just them—one by one, the rest of the group appeared from nowhere, smearing him with every color in the rainbow. The whole gang was lost in the joy of the festival, laughing and dodging each other as they smeared more and more color.