Chapter 51

As the night stretched on, Natasha sat back down, her mind now filled with thoughts of this mysterious stranger. Who was he? And why did he feel so at ease on her roof?

Her peaceful night of stargazing had been disrupted, but somehow, she couldn’t shake the feeling that this wouldn’t be the last time she saw him.

The unending rays of the sun finally tucked themselves beneath the sky's soft blankets, marking the start of a new day. The villagers had already gathered outside Natasha’s shop, eagerly waiting for it to open.

Natasha stood by the door, taking in the sight of the crowd. After a deep breath, she slowly opened the door, allowing everyone to enter.

There were no official workers in the shop, only Ananya and her group of friends, who were helping Natasha with everything. Watching the little kids assisting her was a truly mesmerizing sight.

One by one, the villagers ordered coffee and selected bouquets of flowers. A man approached the cashier counter, and to his surprise, found Ananya sitting there with her legs crossed.

“Hey, Anu! You're the owner of this shop?” he asked, wide-eyed.

“Arey, Joker bhaiya, no! I’m not the owner. Flower aunty is,” Ananya said, pouting cutely.

“Anu, who is it?” Natasha asked, walking up to the counter.

“Hey, rude girl! Why are you here?” the man asked, recognizing her instantly.

Natasha’s eyes flickered with recognition. He was the same guy she'd seen last night on the rooftop.

“Of course I’m here. Where else would I be? This is my shop,” Natasha replied in a cold voice.

“Anu, she’s your flower aunty?” he asked, turning to Ananya with disbelief.

“Yep, she is,” Ananya confirmed, smiling sweetly.

“She’s no flower; she’s a rude—” he started to say, pulling a face.

Before he could finish, a small girl kicked his leg. “Joker bhaiya! You can’t talk to my flower aunty like that!” she exclaimed.

“Miku! You’re here too?” he asked, startled.

“Of course!” Miku replied, standing her ground proudly.

Natasha raised an eyebrow, watching the interaction between the guy and Miku. Her cold demeanor didn’t waver, though something about their playful banter tugged at the corners of her heart.

"Joker bhaiya, you're not even supposed to be here this early. You don’t even like flowers!" Miku added, crossing her tiny arms with an exaggerated frown.

The guy scratched the back of his head awkwardly, clearly caught off guard by Miku’s sass. “Well, maybe I came for the coffee,” he said, trying to recover.

“More like you came to annoy me,” Natasha muttered under her breath, turning to check on the other customers.

Ananya giggled. "You know, Joker bhaiya always likes to tease people. But he’s harmless."

Joker bhaiya, whose real name Natasha still didn’t know, grinned. “It’s all in good fun, rude girl—”

“My name is Natasha,” she corrected him sharply, her eyes narrowing.

“Right, Natasha,” he said, holding his hands up in surrender, though his mischievous grin didn’t fade. “I’ll remember that, flower aunty.”

Natasha ignored him, focusing on the line of customers. Despite her indifference, there was something about the carefree nature of these kids and their playful conversation that made her shop feel warm, even amidst her usual coldness.