Chapter 8

Yuvraj Singh Rathore" Natasha muttered, her voice thick with venom, eyes narrowing as she glared at the image on her laptop. Her fingers curled tightly around the edge of the desk, knuckles white. The rage simmering beneath the surface was barely contained. "Welcome to hell," she hissed, her tone dark and full of promise, as if she had already decided his fate.

______________

Meera, Rudra, Vihaan, and Darshana sat quietly in the living room, an unusual tension swirling between them. Rudra, who was normally laid-back, sat rigidly, his usual easygoing demeanor replaced with a palpable anxiety.

"So, your didi is getting married?" Vihaan asked, his tone incredulous as if the idea itself was too absurd to believe.

Meera leaned toward him, her voice low and questioning. "This wasn't part of the plan, right?"

Vihaan shook his head, equally unsettled. "No, it wasn't." His response was calm, but his eyes betrayed his confusion. Rudra, on the other hand, sat across from them with a stoic expression. "Yep, she's getting married," he said, his tone flat and emotionless.

"Why?" Meera asked sharply, her eyes searching for any signs of a deeper truth in Rudra's expression.

"I don't know," Rudra shrugged, offering no further explanation, his indifference only deepening the mystery.

Darshana, however, seemed far more excited about the topic. "Hey, show them his picture!" she exclaimed, her voice laced with enthusiasm.

Rudra gave a slight nod, pulling out his phone. As his fingers moved swiftly across the screen, Meera and Vihaan leaned in, anticipation growing. When Rudra finally turned the phone toward them, their reactions were immediate. Meera's breath hitched, and Vihaan's eyes widened as they took in the image of the man in the photograph.

"W-who is he?" Meera stammered, barely able to form the words.

"Yuvraj Singh Rathore," Darshana answered nonchalantly.

Meera's eyes darkened. "No... that's not his name," she said with sudden conviction, startling everyone.

Vihaan shot up from his seat, his face hardening. Without a word, he grabbed Meera's hand and pulled her out of the room, urgency in his movements. He led her to a side room filled with paintings, a space where Vihaan often found refuge.

Once inside, Vihaan closed the door firmly behind them, spinning around to face his sister. His eyes blazed with intensity. "What was that, Meera? What are you talking about?"

Meera's voice trembled as she responded, "I... I don't know. But we both know that man isn't Yuvraj."

Vihaan ran a hand through his hair, pacing the room. "This could just be part of bhai's plan. You know he's capable of anything when it comes to getting revenge."

Meera's eyes were wide with fear. "You remember what the Pillais did to us. They destroyed everything! All of it for Natasha-everything has always been about her. We need to make them pay, Vihaan. We need to destroy them, especially Natasha. Bhai will do anything to make that happen. You know that as well as I do."

Vihaan's jaw tightened as he stopped pacing. "I know, Meera. I know."

Their conversation was abruptly interrupted as the door to the room burst open, revealing Darshana and Rudra. The warmth that had once radiated from Darshana's face had vanished, replaced by an icy detachment that made Meera's heart race. Rudra's eyes were dark, filled with an anger that he could barely contain.

Darshana's voice was cold and steady. "If he's not Yuvraj, then who is he?"

"And what has our family ever done to you?" Rudra's voice cracked with hurt and disbelief, his gaze fixed on Vihaan.