-1-

"(Y/N)!!" My boss shouted at me. What did I do now? I've made sure I was here on time, I'm also doing my work and filling in documents of recent events for the news; But yet I still get in trouble!

I sighed and got up from my desk and walked to his office. I knocked on the door and waited for permission to enter. "Yes sir, you called?" I said nervously as I peeked my head around the door. There was my boss, all far and chubby, with some files in his hands. "What in the name of Mobius is this?" He threw the files on the desk as I closed the door and took a seat.

The file was about myths of the chaos emeralds I had written but no one seemed interested in it so it became unpopular fast. My face dropped as I stared at it with disappointment. "Sir, this is my file on the chaos emeralds, I wrote that last week and thought it was already burnt" I explained.

"Well it looks like you have interested a hero" my boss said with a smile. Did he actually smile at me, for once he isn't mad at me! I blinked in shock, "Excuse me, Sir, did you say hero?"

He nodded and handed me a letter that he opened. "It is from Mister Sonic the Hedgehog himself!" I could've almost squeal with delight. Someone actually read my report and they are also the famous blue blur that saves all Mobians from evil! "Do you want me to read it aloud for you since I can tell you're excited?"

I nodded quickly and he proceeded,

"Dear (Y/N),
I'm writing to you to tell you how interesting your report on the chaos emeralds. I thought no one really cared where they came from until you wrote that report! Maybe we could meet up and discuss more about?

From yours truly,
Sonic the Hedgehog

P.S. In case you want to meet up or keep in touch, here's my number

My boss handed me the letter back to me so I could read the phone number. I think I might have let out a little squeal since my boss chuckled at me a little. "I knew someday you would make me feel proud of you, (Y/N)" he said before muttering, "Even if you do get into a lot of trouble here"

"Thank you so much, Sir!" I said as I got up and was about to leave until he stopped me. "You can get off early, you know? Besides talking with a hero is a huge deal! You should get in contact with him immediately"

I nodded then left the his office. Man this is the best day ever, I get a letter from a hero of Mobius and he wants to talk to me about my report! I couldn't stop smiling like a goof ball as I exited the main office and into the hallway.

I bumped into my best friend, Lara along the way -or should I say Remix? She doesn't like it when people call her by her real name but she trusts me so she told me and only I'm able to call her that. She was a black hedgehog with rainbow eye-shadow, purple eyes, spiky quills and three piercings on her left ear. She wore her usual black tank top with a purple skater skirt and a back leggings underneath. Her gloves didn't match but she didn't care; one was rainbow colors and was fingerless, the other one didn't even cover her hand and was grey. Also she wore her favorite shoes that were red yellow and white.

"Oh hey (Y/N)! Didn't see you there" Lara said as she hugged her files close. "Hey Lara! Look I would love to stay and chat but I got a hero to talk to!" I said as I walked past in a hurry. "Hero?" Lara said as she looked back at me with a confused look. "Yes, I'll tell you later, okay?" She nodded and I ran out of the building.

Maybe wearing a mini skirt with high heels and a button up white shirt was a bad choice today. I sighed as I sat at a nearby bus stop and dialed Sonic's phone number.

"Come on, come on, come on" I whispered to myself as I waited for him to answer. "Uh, hello? Sonic speaking" Finally he answered! I tried to sound calm while I spoke to him, "Hello Sonic. This is reporter, (Y/N). I've got your letter and I was wondering if you were free today?"

I bit my lip and waited for a reply and he answered straight away. "Oh sure! Meet me at the main shopping centre near the park, Kay?"
"Okay Mister Sonic-"
"Please, just call me Sonic"
"O-oh okay Sonic, I'll see you then!"
"Bye, (Y/N)!"

And with that he hung up. I sighed again, man I am one lucky girl! I got up from the bus stop and walked over to the shopping centre. The streets were busy as usual here in Mobius, crowds going up and down the paths, cars zooming around on the roads; Just a normal day like it always is.

I reached the shopping centre and waited outside for Sonic. Oh god, did I even bring my stuff with me? I checked for my bag but then realized I left it back at my office. "Dammit!" I whispered and sighed again, "I'll get it tomorrow, besides I have my phone and keys here so it's alright"

As I was busy in thought I didn't realize a blue hedgehog approaching me very fast. "Hey, you must be (Y/N)" he said and I jumped in surprise, "Oh whoops, I didn't mean to scare you!"

"I-it's fine, I'm just not used to having anyone interested in my reports!" I said shyly. For god's sake, (Y/N), why are you being so shy? Woman up!
"So shall we get straight to the topic?" Sonic asked as he opened the door for me. I smiled at him

"Yes, we shall"