-10-

Emerald didnt speak to me for days, neither did Sky but he rarely does. I didn't mean to be harsh but now I can't get a word out of them at all, no matter how hard I try. I sighed and stared at my hands. "Its been 4 days..." I muttered to myself.

When I ran off Sonic came running after me, he reassured me that they would talk to me eventually and I believed him; But now the atmosphere is just unbearable, it's like having a giant foot squash you like stepping on gum and rapidly stomping on it to get it off. I knew I was the gum stuck to their shoes and now, I'm getting off. I walked into the lab to conveniently see Sky and Emerald anaylazing a chaos emerald and writing down notes.

Aren't they the creators of these, then why do they need to do tests with them? I thought they already did know a lot about them since they are the souls of the Master Emerald; 'Unless....' I grabbed my head as a sudden pain shot through it, 'Unless someone put them in the Master Emerald and divided their power so they couldn't escape!'

I had a quick flashback. I could see Lord Makato.... Wait his name? It wasn't Makato, it was.... Mephiles. The original father was murdered by him and now he was disguised as him. He wanted to take control of this universe and destroy another to make him powerful, the other universe was... Earth, Solieana, the city on top of the waters.

"Thank you, Devion" Mephiles spoke to what looked like to be a royal sorcessor, "Finally those two annoying brats shall no longer stand in my way"
"The pleasure is all mine, your grace; But sadly, you can only have seventy percent of their power which are trapped in these gems. I call them chaos emeralds"

I opened my eyes to be back in the lab, no one noticed me yet. That's good. I walked over to Emerald and Sky and touched their shoulders, they turned around and put their notepads down. "Look I'm sorry I was mad, I know an apology won't do but I don't know what else will" I began but Sky hugged me with all his might, taking me by surprise. "We're sorry too, for ignoring you that is" Emerald folded her arms and slightly smiled, "We also wanted to thank you"

"Thank me, for what? I didn't do anything" I asked. "You gave us what we never had before, friendship and.... Trust. You showed us how to enjoy the environment around us instead of being focused on war. You showed us to trust you and others but not all individuals..."

"What're you saying?" I asked and pulled away from Sky. ".... Remix" he mumbled in my ear and Emerald followed, "(Y/N), she's not your friend. She's your enemy". Those words hit me like bricks and stones. This can't be right me and her were friends ever since I got the job as a journalist! There must be some  misunderstanding going on.

"We know and understand your confusion, (Y/N), but" Emerald reached into her pocket and pulled a piece of paper out, "Would a you be friends with someone who was paided to spy on you?"

The paper showed an identity description on Lara...... the number one paided spy. Anger and sadness filled up my mind with thoughts I never would've dreamed of. I sunk down to my knees, "S-so they knew that I was one that was meant to be your guardian?" I felt tears beginning to sting my eyes, making me blink and they fell. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), but we've got to face her otherwise this won't be fixed until we put her out and find out who hired her" Emerald said the last word sourly, no wonder they didn't get along when they first met.

Emerald and Sky must've known that something was up with Lara. Now that you mention it, when she collected me from Sonic's cabin for the first time she didn't ask for directions at all! How did she manage to find it? Unless....

I heard a silent beeping coming from my neck, I placed a hand behind it and felt a round metal piece stuck onto my neck. "GPS tracking system" I said and got up. Emerald and Sky frowned, "Say what now?"
"Help me get it off"

They went behind me and tried pulling it off but it clung to me like duct tape. They tried again and again but failed every time. "It's not coming off, they only way is the painful way. You ready?" Emerald asked and Sky handed her a scapel. "Just get this thing off of me" I muttered and moved my (quills/hair/ears) out of the way for her to get a clear view.

"This is going to hurt" Emerald said and stuck the blade into my neck but not deep to let blood spill. Sky held my hand for me and I squinted in pain, man now I know what actual pain feels like physically than emotionally. "Almost done" Emerald said as she moved the blade around the GPS device and I felt it fall off, "And done!"

She removed the scapel and held the device in her hand to show me. I signed in relief, "Now you guys can have your fun with it" I said.

"Let's get your neck sorted out first, the others aren't going to be happy with this at all" Emerald mumbled and they both helped me walk to the first aid.

Sonic noticed and came rushing over. "What happened, (Y/N)?" He asked but Emerald put her atm in front of him. "....Let him come" Sky whispered to her and she dragged him along too. "What's going on?" Sonic demanded as he struggled to get out of Emerald's grip.

I didn't notice I passed out, I thought I was entering a bright room. "You cut too deep, Emerald!" A voice shouted and soon another replied, "This is why we should have put her to sleep before we took the device out!"

Then I heard another voice. "It doesn't matter anymore, she's bleeding too much!"..... Sonic