-24-

Before this starts the winner is....
@LizzeBrazil !!

"Who are you?" I asked and both of them turned around. "We are where we're needed" Nickey started.
"And needed where we are" E.C followed. They both turned back around to the computer screen with Nickey typing down stuff and E.C observing her to tell her what to do. "That doesn't make any sense at all" I said and sat down with the rope still tied around my wrists. "Of course it doesn't" E.C said, "You just need to a smart journalist that you are to figure it out, (Y/N)".

I froze, "How do you know my name?". Nickey sighed and stopped typing, "Are you stupid or something? Look around you, computers everywhere which means everyone's dirty little secrets at a push off a button!". I guess Nickey doesn't like people who ask too many questions, I wonder why? "Nickey, get back to work, I have a feeling someone is going to try to hack us soon because of her" E.C demanded and glared right back at me. "U-uh, yes E.C!" Nickey said and began to scan the system for anything unusual happening.

E.C approached me and soon I realized what the dark eyes were trying to tell me. "E-Emerald?" I said and tears were about to fall down my cheeks. E.C froze and looked at me, finally showing emotion through her eyes. "Why are you doing this?" I asked and let a tear go down my face.

She stopped and stared at me like she was thinking of what to say. "(Y/N).... I'm not that kind Emerald you knew back then, so stop treating me like that. I'm different now and this time I ain't going to listen since I'm free" she hissed, this took me by surprise. The only time she has been mad at me like this was when she caught Rouge with a stolen gem. "You call this free? Emerald, we can fix you! Bring you back to yourself so everything will go back to normal" I said and Emerald shook her head.

"Little (Y/N), do you want to know why negative power isn't good?" She started and soon her eyes had a dark green glow around them, "It's because this is who I really am, the positive side of me is like pulling a fake smile for entire lifetime. I'm sick of being Miss Positive, now it's my time to shine" and with that said she bowed and walked away from me.

"No, this isn't you!" I shouted this time causing both Emerald and Nickey to freeze and turn around, "I-I know..."

A flash back happened and I found mother with a baby Emerald in her arms along with father next to her holding a very happy Sky's hand. "Honey, I want you to know that your sister has many connections with bad people. I want to trust you to make sure she doesn't follow their footsteps" father said and Sky nodded.

That image faded and another room it's place; I know saw an angry Emerald punching her wooden door. "Why can't I go out? Why?" She screamed.

It ended and I was back to looking at Emerald. "You've anyways wanted to see the outside world but you were always locked away for your safety" I began and Emerald's eyes widened. "H-how do you know that? You weren't even born back then" she said and folded her arms. Nickey looked back to me and then Emerald, she shrugged and got back to work.

"I saw it Emerald, I saw it with my own two eyes" I said and Emerald walked over to me. "If you are saying this isn't the real me.." she began and then whispered, "... Then hurry up and save me". As if she realized it wasn't a good idea to keep me here, she cut the ropes and led me to the exit. "Spread the word, hurry up and save me" Emerald said and I found myself lying down on a field.

Now that's the sister I know, she wouldn't do that to me, I know she wouldn't. Now time to head home and do what I can to save her from herself. As I ran I heard a voice cough behind me, making me turn around and see who it was.

Nickey was standing there and she soon spoke, "I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot but can we start again?". I smiled and nodded, "Sure besides you were just doing your job, right?" I asked and Nickey nodded. "Yeah, anyway I volunteered to bring you home" she said and wanted towards me, "But I don't think I'm welcomed back there so I won't be able to walk you to door with you".

"Just do what you can, I don't want you to get caught because of me" I said and Nickey giggled, "I may not know much about E.C nor do I know what she was like before, but I think you have what it takes to change her". Nickey winked at me and I rolled my eyes, "You may be right but there is still something that I request". Before I could say anything Nickey interrupted me, "You want permission to enter the base 24/7? That's not for me to say but since you're both sisters I guess there's your V.I.P pass". "You really know too much, don't you?" I said and she shook her head, "I'm still learning just like you, (Y/N)".

"Well we're here now, thanks for coming with me" I said and walked towards the door but Nickey grabbed my wrist. "I don't know if this will help you but take it with you anyway" she handed me a green gem, "Think of it as a lucky charm".

"Wait, where did you find this?" I asked and Nickey shrugged, "There was a ton lying around the place in different colors, why?". I hugged Nickey, "Woah, what's happening?" she asked and the happiness bursted out of me. "Oh my gosh, Nickey, we can fix Emerald with this!" I squealed and Nickey covered her ears. "And I thought there weren't any girly girls in this world" I heard her mumble.

"Thank you, Nickey" I said and walked towards the door and opened it. I looked behind me to see that Nickey was gone, I sighed and closed the door.

"And where have you been?"