-25-

Standing beside me was a very angry Sonic and Sky, of course being nervous wasn't going to stop me. I pushed past them and ran to the laboratory room, when I reached the computer I plugged the gem Nickey gave me and began to type out codes I had no idea that I knew. "(Y/N), what are you doing now?" Sonic said with a not amused look.

"Look Sonic, I'm sorry I lied to you and everyone but it was the only way to see her again" I said really fast and I then turned around, "And I know you wouldn't forgive me that easily but I think I've found a way to bring Emerald back". Sonic stopped frowning and hugged me tightly, "I do forgive you but don't do that again, I thought Eggman got you so I called your boss to see if you were there but you weren't. I didn't know what to do when I saw those two strangers take you away" He whispered and I hugged him back.

"Wait, strangers?" I said and looked up at Sonic's face. He nodded at me, "Tails has managed to throw a tracking device to find them but the signal wasn't working well so we were all getting worried, but here you are with no scars or scratches". I smiled and he gave me a kiss, "Yeah, I missed you too".

Sonic chuckled and pulled away but kept his arm around my shoulder. "So what do we have to do?" He asked and looked at the gem that I was now connecting wires to. "Well right now I need to activate it and use Emerald's broken gem to transfer her positive power to the new gem" I explained. Sonic scratched the back of his head and had an eyebrow raised, "I'm still lost".

I giggled and shook my head, "I guess I should've said we're making a new gem for Emerald". Sonic chuckled and nodded, "Yeah now that makes sense". As I typed something felt off again, the room felt cold like a freezer and I couldn't stop shaking. What's going on?

"I can see you, (Y/N)....." a voice whispered and it sounded like someone had just said it right in my ear. I shivered and looked around, checking every corner. "W-who are you?" I stuttered into the darkness but no reply came, all I got was Sonic waving a hand in front of me.

"(Y/N)? You okay?" Sonic asked with his head tilted. I shook out of my thoughts and looked at Sonic, "Uh... Yeah I'm fine! Just deep in thought that's all". Sonic raised an eyebrow at me and folded his arms, "What were you thinking about?".

Monday left me broken

I sighed and looked at him, "I'm worried about Emerald, she isn't herself anymore" I said even though I was more concerned about the other voice in my head.

Tuesday I was through with hoping

"We're going to find a way to bring her back, I promise you" Sonic said and placed his hands on my shoulders. I nodded but I was still in doubt, what if we're too late to save her? There has to be a way, a quick way, there's always a way around everything.

Wednesday my empty arms were open.

Please be safe, Emerald.....

Stranger's P.O.V.
Why, she keeps telling me everyday to be careful! Every. Flipping. Day! I'm getting sick of it that if she doesn't shut up I'll kill her myself, your so-called 'helper' already rejected doing it so I'll do it and show her it isn't hard! What am I getting myself into, she's the only one that has seen me being different, why should I kill her?

Thursday my scars remained open

I growled as I approached the cabin, "Stupid, stupid, stupid! She's just going to keep annoying you, you need to get rid of her!" I hissed at myself but then calmed down and backed away from the house, "No, I can't! She was always there for me, I can't just kill her because she's annoying, it's wrong!".

Friday my life kept going

But every time I rejected it as well there was this strange feeling that I needed to do it, and that feeling was: Anger. I thought after the incident with S..... I wouldn't have to feel this way ever again but of course it follows me like a puppy. I sighed and walked away, always taking quick glances behind me at the cabin. "... Next time you won't be lucky, (Y/N), but you better hurry and save me now...." and with that said I ran all the way back to the base.

"So did you do it?" My helper asked with a sad tone, she seemed to have started to care for (Y/N). How sweet.... Not. "She has a second chance, next time she won't be getting away then" I said and walked towards the computer system to finally complete the project of 98. "What are you going to use the project for?" My helper asked, folding her arms and having a worried look in her eyes.

"You know what's weird?" I said and she immediately responded with, "What?"
"You're asking too many questions today, that means only one thing" I approached her which made me tower over her with my deadly glare, "You're siding with the enemy".
"What, why would I do that?!" She yelled and then kind of cowardly backed away by one step. "Why else would you reject the job I had ordered you to do?" I asked and folded my arms, "And you should know what I do to traitors or spies".

"P-Please, I swear to you on my own grave I'm not betraying you at all! I-I can prove it!" She begged me, weak mortal she is. I can't believe I chose her, she's too soft at heart and she keeps hesitating to kill our targets so I end up doing them myself. "Alright then" I clicked my fingers and our captured target appeared tied in a chair next to me.

I handed her a pistol and dragged her towards the target, I put her hand on the gun and placed it in the target's mouth. "Pull the trigger" I said and backed away a little. "What?" she looked terrified but I knew she knew that this person was familiar. "If you don't then, she will have a chance to get her and you'll be walking around the planet with 'Traitor' in bold letters on you" I jabbed my finger into her hard and she sniffed and looked back at the target.

"We'll if she is the traitor then...." she began and turned the safety off, scaring the target,

"Goodbye..... Lara"
And she pulled the trigger