Part 30

Aenyra  stood in the dimly lit hall, her fury boiling within her, threatening to consume her entirely.

"Jace tell me honestly, did you have anything to do with me and Aemond being seperated?"Aenyra's voice trembled with emotion as she fixed her gaze on Jace.

"Aenyra, I-I don't -" Aenyra cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"My letters to Aemond... his letters to me, years worth of letters neither of us received. I know we had a falling out after Driftmark, I just can't help wondering if you had a hand in it, please tell me you didn't!" Tears welled in her eyes.

Jace looked back at her with hurt writ large on his face. His expression softens it turned to genuine concern.

"I swear it to you, I had nothing to do with it. I can't blame you for thinking I did it considering how our relationship was back then but I would never betray you like that, someone must've taken them, but I promise it wasn't me."

Looking into Jacaerys earnest eyes, She knew deep down he was telling her the truth.
Aenyra took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves.

"You don't think Daemon did it do you, was that what all that was about back in the training yard?"

"Hmph, I don't know what you're talking about,training can sometimes get a little intense between us."

"You don't say." Jace said with sarcasm.
As the two siblings walk the many halls and stairs of the castle Aenyra begins telling her brother all of what happened between her and Aemond, of course she spared him the dirty truth of their little tryst.

"Aenyra, you love him still.. don't you. I noticed the way you two looked in the training yard when we arrived yesterday morning."

"Honestly brother, I'd marry him right now if I could." Aenyra sighs with frustration "the chances of that happening are slim to none, Alicent already refused the offer mother gave years ago regarding Helena, why would she ever accept me and Aemond?"

Jacaerys didn't understand how she could love someone like Aemond Targaryen, but then again he didn't have to understand. Jace loves his sister and wished for nothing but her happiness.
"Your mother's heir, next in line to the iron throne after her. She would be a complete fool to deny it."

"A complete fool indeed." Aenyra mumbles under her breath as they see their mother Rhaenyra talking to the green Queen herself.

"There you two are, Lucerys isn't with you?" Rhaenyra turns from her conversation with Alicent and ask her two older children.

"No he wanted to finish training with Daemon." Jace said.

"Gods help him then."  Rhaenyra heaved out, she groaned out a little in pain rubbing her large belly.

"Princess, would you like me to take you back to your chambers?" Alicent asked with concern.

"I'm alright it's just this  little dragon doing flips in my womb, can be exhausting growing a

Hearing the word 'child' brought back the memory of Aemond whispering sweetly to her his desires of hoping she was with child as he placed a trail of kisses on her stomach.  Heat rose to her face in her daydream before being elbowed in the shoulder by her brother jace.

"What?" Aenyra asked in confusion as the three of them looked at her.

"Aenyra the Queen asked you a question." Rhaenyra said  her brows knitted in confusion.

"I just asked if you were ready for Helena's name day ball, it will start this evening along with tourneys the following day."  Alicent asked her giving Aenyra a worried expression.

"Ah yes Im sorry I believe this is the first I'm hearing of it." Aenyra said feeling a little embarrassed to have been so deep in her thoughts to not even hear someone speaking to her.

"That would be my fault, we originally were t planning on staying but a day, but with father's health the way it is I'd like to be here with him." Rhaenyra said as the four of them began walking out of the castle into the gardens.

"That's a lovely idea, it would mean a lot to him." Alicent said. Aenyra couldn't deny she enjoyed seeing her mother smile and look happy. Aside from her family her only companion at Dragonstone was Elinda.
It was nice to see the torn friendship between them become restored.

As  they walk further through the gardens Aenyra decided to seperate from them to visit the godswood, a place of sanctuary her and Aemond once shared.

Watching his sister get out of walking with the his mother and Alicent in the garden Jace comes up with an excuse for himself.

"Yes, I better go find Luke I had ughh something to show him. Excuse me." Jace lightly nods to them before leaving quickly.

"Ha very well, we will see you at the ball tonight make sure your sister isn't late either." Rhaenyra hollers out to him with a knowing expression.

————-

Aemond had been looking for his mother all morning. Feeling frustrated and exhausted he knew he'd would see her later that day so he decided to escape to the library. The place had become one he visited often over the years. As he perused the shelves his eyes fell upon a familiar book- a history book of Aegon and Visenya's conquests.

A book he was sure he had read countless times before.
The book held a special sentiment to him,  as it reminded Aemond of  the times he would read it to Aenyra as children. Aenyra had always been fascinated with Visenya and the tales of the story.
Taking the book with him, Aemond made his way deep through the gardens towards the Godswood tree. A quiet spot he often liked to read at.

Reading a few chapters, the soft breeze and sounds of birds chirping began to lull him into a sense of peace.

As Aemond immersed himself in the tale of the legendary dragon riders, his eyelid grew heavy and before he knew it he had drifted off to sleep.

————-

Aenyra knew she was getting closer to where the Godswood tree would be as she walked deeper  past the beautiful flowers and stone steps,  As it came into view she spotted Aemond's figure sitting down on the ground behind it. She couldn't help but inch closer to get a better look at him.

Seeing that they were completely alone, Aenyra decided to have a little bit of innocent fun.
Giving a mischievous smile She hiked up her dress.

"BOO!" Aenyra said out loud as she sat on Aemond's lap straddling him in a playful gesture.

Aemond's eyes shot open in shock as he woke to someone sitting on him. His heart pounding in his chest until he saw Aenyra's smiling face laughing down at him in amusement.

"Sleeping out in the open are we? Haha oh Aemond you should've seen your face you-" Aenyra's laughing words were cut off as Aemond grabbed both her wrist pushing her gently on the ground in front of him as their positions switch.