Part 8

"Aenyra, are you sure you're okay?" Rhaenyra asked again as she piers into her face with concern.

"Yes mother, I promise! I was checked by the Maester, he said it was just a small gash and stitched me up quickly." Aenyra tries again to reassure her Mother but to no avail. As soon as Aenyra tells her about the cut the Maester that stitched her up spoke up telling Rhaenyra it was wasn't a small gash but a pretty large one that ran on the right side of her forehead running down into the hair line around her temple.

"Aenyra?" Rhaenyra shown anger in her expression as she moved Aenyra's hair that had been covering it up out of the way.

"It's nothing mother, truly. Look at Aemond he's injury is far worse than mine!" Aenyra said showing a bit of a temper.
Aenyra loved her brothers dearly but she was extremely angry at them for starting the whole fight which led to Aemond losing his beautiful eye.
Rhaenyra looked at her daughter for a second with a detached look, how was she defending the greens over her own brothers?
Heaving a heavy breath Rhaenyra stood up and placed her hand against Aenyras cheek lovingly.   "I'm going to go check on your brothers, would you like to come with me?" She asked keeping her tone hushed.

"I would like to stay with Aemond, if that alright?"Aenyra whispers back with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Very well." Rhaenyra says making her way back to her brothers. As Viserys continued his severe questioning.

How could you allow such a things to happen, I will have answers."he angrily says to Harrold.

"The princes were supposed to be abed , my king." Sir Harrold tells him as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

"Who had the watch?" Visery questions as he was looking between the guards who stood in front of him

"The young prince was attacked by his cousins, your grace."

"That is NO answer! It will heal, will it not Maester?"Viserys ask.
"Well? Tell us truly, will the wound heal Maester
Kelvyn?"
Alicent asks as she walks back and forth fidgeting with her fingers.

"The flesh will heal, but I'm afraid the eye is lost."
Maester Kelvyn tells the King and Queen.

Even though Aenyra knew the eye was no longer there, hearing it aloud broke her heart. She begins to squeeze tighter around Aemond's hand letting him know she was still there.

"Aemond... I will have the truth of what happened,now."

"What else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed and her sons are responsible!"Alicent tells Viserys as she turns pointing to the children across the room.

"It was a regrettable accident." Rhaenyra tells Alicent

"Accident? The orince lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son!

"It was my children who were attacked and forced to protest themselves.

"He hit Baela!" Jace tells them with his fist balled tightly.

"You hit me first!"Aemond says with a stiff tone as he stands up as he points his finger to Rhaena.

"He stole my mother's dragon." Rhaena yelled back, now mirroring Aemonds stance.

"You broke Luke's nose." Jacaerys yells  as the room starts gets heated with back and forth screaming.

"SILENCE, I will have the truth of what happened!" Viserys booming voice echoed the room causing all the children to shriek back.

Aenyra stands up, with her hand still in Aemond's as she begins receiving everyone's attention. "I'll tell you exactly what happened!"

"Go on my dear." Viserys said giving her permission to continue.

"Thank you Grandsire, Aemond wanted to claim Vhagar, so he and I went to the beach for him to do so. Once we came back the four of them were waiting for him as Rhaena was the one to start the fight. She went to charge at me and Aemond but Aemond pulled me behind him protecting me from getting hit, he shoved rhaena down then Baela came to shove Aemond back for pushing rhaena, which led him to stumble back onto me causing me to hit my head on a rock. Eventually the four of them all ganged up on Aemond but he was able to shake them off. Jace brought out the knife first but lucerys was the one to grab it and bring it down on Aemond."
"Mother, he called us bastards." Jacaerys whispers to Rhaenyra as Aenyra was done  speaking.

"It was a regrettable accident!" Rhaenyra tells her Father and Alicent.

"Accident? Your sons brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son

"And it was my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves... vile insults were levied against them."

"What insults?" Viserys asked Rhaenyra.

"The legitimacy of my children's birth was put loudly to question" Rhaenyra says, bringing lucerys closer to her in her arms.

"What?" Viserys looked to Aemond in shock until jacaerys brought his attention back onto them.
"He called us bastards!"

" Father, My daughter is to inherit the iron throne, her the brothers are to inherit
dragon stone and drift mark. your grace this is the highest of treasons. Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders!"

Alicent rolled her eyes and scoffs loudly "Over an insult? My son has lost an eye!"

"You tell me, boy. Where did you hear this lie?" Viserys who was now leaning closer to Aemond with seriousness in his expression, Aemond looked directly at his mother... he new that if he told his father where he truly heard it then his mother would be severely punished.

"Aemond, I asked you a question!" Visery presses him further.

"Where are the children's farher, Ser Laenor, I wonder? Perhaps he has something to say on this matter!" Alicent says clearly trying to change the direction of the conversation.

"Yes, we're is Ser Laenor? Viserys turns to Rhaenyra.

" I do not know your grace I...could not find sleep. I had gone out to walk.

Aenyra who was watching the Maester finish stitching up Aemond's eye turns her attention to Daemon who had a smirk displayed on his face as his eyes turn from Rhaenyra locking them with her own.
"Tsk" Aenyra scoffs to herself at Daemons smugness.

Oh mother...what are you thinking.