Chapter One

Wreckage

I have swapped a few things round, in this Vivian and Siobhan have already started their relationship and are living together, the nurseries aren't merging, Reece and Autumn's takeover is still happening, Carly is Marjorie's foster daughter It's after Autumns miscarriage and Charlotte and Mia are living together. The first few chapters are dark and sad, it does get better I promise.

Chapter one

TW Self Harm

Marjorie's POV

Autumn, Charlotte and I decided to go for a few drinks after work despite it only being Thursday, we needed to let off a bit of steam, due to parents complaining, and the nursery being short staffed. Also, we are all looking after Carly as she is still coming to terms with losing her parents in a car accident, bloody drunk drivers. Reece was taking her bowling after work, then dropping her off at Sorsha's house, she was staying with Charlotte and Mia for the weekend, I'm spending tonight at Reece's then we are going away for the weekend, I'm looking forward to getting away, 4 days Glamping, with my man. The drinks are flowing but we can't get too drunk. We are all working tomorrow, and I have a safeguarding meeting in the morning, which I wasn't looking forward too, they aren't great at the best of times, but from what I have been told so far, what had happened has brought back a few horrific memories for me.

We enjoy the evening chatting and having a catch up, Autumn seems to back to her old self after her miscarriage, it feels great to have my girl back, Charlotte is besotted with Mia, they have moved in together now that Mia is free and doesn't need to travel anymore. After an hour or so, I see Mia walking in I wave in her direction. I'm trying my best to get along with her for Charlotte's sake, she makes her happy and my two God daughters adore her, which is good enough for me. I do think if we had met under different circumstances Mia and I would be great friends, she reminds me of my friend Vicky from university.

Mia buys another round of drinks and a tray of shots

"Amelia!!! Are you trying to get us all drunk?" Charlotte asks

Mia smiles and winks at me then whispers something in Charlotte's ear, whatever it was made her blush.

"Are you okay Marjorie you seem a bit quiet" Charlotte asks me

"I'm fine my love, just thinking about the safeguarding meeting for Billy and his sisters" I reply

"I wish I could get my hands on their parents" Autumn says

"They aren't worth going to prison over" I reply

"Where has Reece taken Carly tonight?" asks Charlotte

"They have gone bowling then he is dropping her off at Sorcha's tonight so she can help with Quinn, she loves spending time with her, and they are both working at Reece's nursery tomorrow." I reply

"Are you okay for Carly to stay over the weekend?" I ask

"Yeah, she can keep Sofia and Libby entertained for us" Mia replied as she winked

Charlotte blushed again "Amelia"

"Oh, stop it baby, you love it when I embarrass you"

We chatted for another hour then Reece arrived to pick up Autumn and myself, Mia was taking Charlotte home.

"Hi gorgeous" he says when he sees me, he wraps his arms around my waist I wrap my arms around his neck, and he scoops me up to kiss me.

Autumn rolls her eyes, then punches Reece on the arm "Can you keep your displays of affection to yourselves please."