Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

Happy Families

TW Sexual abuse and self-Harm

Marjorie's POV

The last few days have been great, I'm up and out of bed. I had a shower this morning, Siobhan helped me with my hair and make-up, when she saw me struggling, then she left with Vivian after she finished her night shift, I got a message from her telling me they had bumped into Reece and Carly in the little cafe we all go to. I was relieved to know that they were both eating. I put the playlist Carly, and I put together when she first moved in with me, there were a lot of Fleetwood Mac songs, I have since introduced her to The Doors as well , as these were two of the bands my real dad listened to , I remember being about 6 years old and sitting on his knee and he would play his favorites. I'm lost in my happy memories when I'm suddenly aware of two people walking into my room.

"Hello gorgeous"

I look up to see Reece and Carly walking in, Reece kisses me on the top of my head and Carly hugged me "Hello my love, how are you doing?"

"I'm okay, but a lot better now I'm here seeing you" she replied

"When can you come home" she asks as she hands me a massive bag of presents

"What's all this?"

"Loads of the parents have been dropping gifts off and Reece took me shopping to buy you some stuff, to help you get better" she added

"Aw thank you"

"I do have some news about my discharge, that's what we want to talk to you about the Dr's are talking about discharging me over the weekend, but its were I will be going too"

"I don't understand" replied Carly

"I'm guessing no-one has told you what has happened" Carly shook her head I took a deep breath. "I was sexually abused as a child, which resulted in me becoming pregnant. I gave birth to a baby girl when I was 15, I called her Stevie, I couldn't keep her, she was adopted. I was abused right up until I left home for university, once I moved away and with the help of my three university friends, I got over what happened and I kept all the evidence of what happened to me, just in case. Last week things got a bit too much for me and I had a bit of a breakdown at work, when I got home, I had a drink then I woke up in hospital. I had no idea what happened, Reece told me I had tried to kill myself by cutting my wrists, I did self-harm when I was younger, but I would cut my legs, not my wrists" I looked at Carly she was crying I pulled her onto my lap " I didn't try to kill myself, I have too much to live for, but someone was waiting for me in our house, they had spiked my drink then made it look like I had tried to kill myself. It turns out that my stepfather's best friend has been arrested, and because I was their first victim, and I know who what has done, it seems they had tried to kill me"

Carly was crying into my chest as I hugged her "This is the bit we wanted to talk to you about" I handed her the envelope that Reece gave me last week, she opened it and read the paperwork "You have fostered me as well?" she looked at Reece "Carry on reading" I said. She read the rest of the paperwork....... "You want to adopt me?"

"Only when you are ready, if you don't want us to that's okay, we are more than happy being your foster parents"

"There's more...... How would you feel about being a big sister.... again? "

"What? Are you pregnant?"

"Yes, my love, I was a bit shocked when I found out, but the baby is doing just fine, also Reece and I are engaged" I showed her my left hand.