Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

Another surprise

Marjorie's POV

We got into Reece's car, he placed his hand on my thigh, and we set off for home. "What's the surprise?"

"Yesterday when I was chatting with Vicky and Vivian in the kitchen Vicky told me about your record collection, she took me, Viv and Mia to the storage facility, she suggested that we move it to the space over the garage"

We arrived home and Reece took me to the room over the garage, there where all my records, the stereo system that my dad left me, Reece had also bought me a new system and had hooked it up to the Alexa speakers that were all over the house. In the middle of the room was my dad's rocking chair, next to it was another one and two baby bouncers. I couldn't believe it. "Vicky always said you wanted this in your forever home, she suggested we do this, I thought we could sit with the bubbas and listen to your records."

I was crying I cuddled into Reece "This is perfect I can't wait to be sitting in here with you and the bubs."

I pop upstairs to check on Carly she was dancing around in her room, she had left the door open, I stood in the doorway leaned against the door post and folded my arms, it took Carly a few minutes to realize I was there "Oh hi mam, how are you?"

"I'm okay my love, how are you?"

"I'm okay, I was wondering if Lisa could stay on Friday night? We are going to a party, and I don't want her getting a taxi home alone"

"Of course it's okay, would you like Reece to come and collect you?"

"Would he do that; we will be home late?"

"I'm sure he would, he would probably be awake anyway I'm not sleeping much, so if I'm awake, so is Reece" we both laughed at that

"Tea will be ready in about an hour, I need to talk to you about something when you come downstairs"

"Okay mam"

I went into mine and Reece's room, I grabbed a quick shower and got changed into my favourite outfit, Reece's T-shirt and shorts. I head into the kitchen and sat at the island I watched my husband prepare our evening meal, he had taken his jacket, waist coat and tie off and had rolled his shirt sleeves up, my god he still looked fucking sexy, I was brought out of my daydream by the noise of my phone ringing when I looked it was Mia.

"Mia" I said in my dead pan voice, the way I always use to greet her

She laughed "Marjorie"

"What can I do for you my love"

"Stevie rang me, she told me she waited at the nursery gates to meet you, and you both chatted, I just wanted to check you were okay"

"I'm fine, I gave her my number told her to ring me anytime"

"Oh, thank you for helping Reece with my surprise"

"Glad you are okay, and I'm happy you love your surprise, I was glad to help"

"I'd better go, I have a very clingy fiancé, and she wants me to massage her back"

"Okay give my love to Char"

"Will do"

I hung up and went back to watching my husband prepare our evening meal. Carly walked into the kitchen, she had showered and changed and sat next to me, Reece looked up and smiled "I'm glad you are here Carly, there is something me and your mam want to chat to you about.