Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

First night together

Marjorie's POV

What a day, Reece, Autumn, Mia and Siobhan are finally free from Roger, he is in jail facing various charges, my beautiful fiancé can finally relax, we are all sleeping at Siobhan and Vivian's tonight, Jamie, Sofia and Libby had all fallen asleep and it wasn't fair to wake them up, the new management structure is all in place, Sorcha will be my deputy at the nursery, I will miss working with Autumn every day, but she is needed at head office. I get ready for bed; tonight is the first night me and Reece have slept together since before my attack, we are all still hypervigilant about things as I could still be attacked, especially once the court date has been set. I walk into my bedroom, my man is lying on top of the bed, scrolling on his phone "hello gorgeous"

"Hello my love"

I get into bed, and I cuddled into Reece, I rest my head on his chest, he kisses the top of my head, then rests his hand on my small baby bump. "I have missed you" I tell him

"I have missed you too, next week you and I will be cuddled up in our new home I was thinking Carly, and I should go to the house and get what we want then we can hire house clearance and get it emptied the sooner I sell the house the better

"Are you sure you want to sell the house? He asks

"Yes, I don't want to live there, I'm going to put the money from the sale of the house in a trust fund for Carly, along with the insurance and compensation money she got, Autumn, Siobhan and I are trustees, and we agreed she can have the money when she is 25"

"When did you three sort that out?"

"Last week when her solicitor got in touch to say the money had come through"

"How much did she get?"

"£250.000"

"I haven't said anything to her, I don't want too just yet"

"Probably best not too"

"Once the money from the sale of the house goes through, I'm going to ask Autumn to look after it and invest it."

"Thats a great idea"

"Carly will have the best start to adulthood, that I can give her"

We cuddled together for a bit longer. I have missed lying in Reece's arms, enjoying being next to him. It was past midnight when we finally settled to sleep, we lay facing each other, I tucked myself into his chest, I took in his scent and fell asleep.

I woke up to an empty bed, there was no sign of Reece, but I could smell bacon and pancakes, I got up put robe on and went downstairs, as I walked into the kitchen, I saw Reece and Vivian, with Jamie, Sofia and Libby they were cooking breakfast and entertaining the children. The kids had become quite a trio, they knew the person to get around and that was Reece. Also, Vivian and Reece had become good friends their shared love of cooking and football, despite the different teams they support, like me and through Vicky's influence Reece supports Liverpool fc, Vivian supports Everton fc, the blue half of Liverpool this she says was because her dad came from Liverpool and was a "Blue nose"

"Good morning, everyone" I said as I walked into the kitchen

Sofia and Libby jumped up and came over and hugged me "Good morning, Aunty Marj, how are your babies? My momma has a baby in her tummy too, we hope it's a boy," said Sofia

I knelt "The two bubs are doing just fine; they are going to be great friends with your baby, and they can't wait to meet you two as well" I replied

"Momma when are you and Mummy going to have a baby?" Jamie asked