Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Marjorie's POV

I'm so happy right now, my bubs are healthy, there doesn't seem to be any problems with them. Stevie is here as well; I know we need to have a proper chat about everything before the trial. "How are you, my love?" I ask Stevie

"I'm okay, just a bit overwhelmed?"

"Why's that?"

"I didn't know what to expect when I met you, I was fearing the worst that you would reject me and not want to speak to me."

"I would never do that to you, I have never stopped thinking about you, unfortunately, my parents never told me about who adopted you, and were you lived, my mum took you from my arms about an hour after you were born, if it wasn't for the midwife who delivered you, she kept my mum out of the room, she took a picture of us, and put the name I wanted to call you on your details I would never of gotten to hold you for the hour"

Stevie had started to cry "Oh my god, how awful, how could she do that to you, her own daughter"

"My mum has always been in competition with me for some reason, growing up she would put me down, make comments about my appearance, basically everything she was insecure about in herself, she made comments about to me, I was fat, unlovable I would never meet anyone and get married"

"What name did you want to give me"

"I called you Stevie, after Stevie Nicks, she was one of my real dad's favourite singers, I loved her music too"

"So, my adopted parents kept the name you gave me?"

"They must of, though I didn't give you a middle name, I see they added my name?"

"Yeah, I did ask them, why Marjorie when I turned 18, that's when they told me everything about being adopted and about you"

She hesitated then asked "Do you still speak to my father? My parents never told me about him, only that if I ever met you, it was for you to tell me not them"

I went to get up from the bed Reece looked up "hey gorgeous where are you going?"

"I'm going to talk to Stevie about what happened to me, I don't want to talk about it in here, this room should remain a happy place, I will be okay I need to move around, we will go and get a coffee, I love you"

"Love you too"

We left the room and strolled to the cafe, I hadn't drank coffee for months I couldn't stomach it, for the first time it didn't make me feel sick, what would you like?" I asked Stevie

"Caramel latte" Stevie went and found a table, in the corner out of the way

"Two caramel lattes' please" I chuckled to myself she really is like me

I got our drinks and went to sit with her, I took a mouthful of my latte it tasted so good.

"You will have to excuse me; I haven't been able to drink coffee throughout my pregnancy, I was drinking tea, this is the first coffee I have had for months"

After a few more minutes I looked at Stevie, it was like I was looking at myself at 21, I reached for her hand, and she took hold of mine. "I will tell you everything, I won't lie to you, it's not nice but it's all going to come out in court, so I'd rather tell you now, when I was ten, my stepfather and his best friend started grooming me, and I was sexually abused by both of them, I tried telling my mum she didn't believe me, called me a liar, when I was 14 I became pregnant with you, I was 15 when I had you, after I recovered from giving birth I was abused again, only it was worse and my stepfather passed me around his friends, It stopped when I left home for university, if I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know who your father is, it's either my stepfather or his best friend you can get a DNA test if you want to, I won't stop you"

The tears were streaming down her face, she swapped chairs, so she was right next to me, she put her arms around me and hugged me "I'm so sorry for what you went through and me turning up has brought it all back"

"You have nothing to apologize for"

"I don't want to get a DNA test, I don't want to know who my father is, I'm happy getting to know you and your family"

"Oh, my love you are a part of that family now, I want to be in your life"

"That would be fantastic"

We finished our coffee and chatted for a bit longer, I told her about how me and Reece met, and how we fostered Carly. Then we headed back to my room, as we walked in Siobhan and Viv were there and they had hold of the twins. I introduced Stevie to them, and I got on the bed and Reece joined me, I cuddled into him, and watched everything that was happening, then I noticed the door opening, and in walked Charlotte and Mia with baby Harry.

"Hello, my love, how are you?"

"I'm okay, I thought we would pop in, so Harry can get to know his two best friends"

"Charlotte he is so handsome"

"Mia is besotted with him, and so are the girls"

"Charlotte, I would like you to meet Stevie"

"Hello, it's lovely to meet you, Mia had told me about you," said Charlotte

"It's lovely to meet you too, your baby is so handsome"

Stevie looked at me, I will have to go I'm due to meet some friends again, I'm trying to see everyone before I go back to Liverpool, my next placement starts next week so I have to be back by Tuesday"

"Okay my love, you have my number ring me anytime" I replied

"I will, Bye"

"Bye my love"